Monday, May 31, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
I'm actually getting ready for another trip. Tomorrow Mike will be driving me to Augusta to meet up with my Mom and brother who will be picking me up and taking me to South Carolina for two weeks. I have lots of different projects planned to do with my Mom. It will be so much fun. While I am in SC I do plan on getting my cruise pictures posted from last week. The one above is a cruise picture taken by the talented photographers on Carnival. Enjoy and stay tuned for many more pictures!
Have a fabulous weekend!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
As time went on she became a faithful member of the church. She eventually became involved in the ministry, teaching young children. It was not very long until this faithful young woman had caught the eye and heart of the pastor's son. The relationship grew and they began to make wedding plans. This is when the problems began.
You see, about one half of the church did not think that a woman with a past such as hers was suitable for a pastor's son. The church began to argue and fight about the matter. So they decided to have a meeting. As the people made their arguments and tensions increased, the meeting was getting completely out of hand. The young woman became very upset about all the things being brought up about her past.
As she began to cry the pastor's son stood to speak. He could not bear the pain it was causing his wife to be. He began to speak and his statement was this:
"My fiancee's past is not what is on trial here. What you are questioning
is the ability of the blood of Jesus to wash away sin. Today you have put
the blood of Jesus on trial. So, does it wash away sin or not?"
The whole church began to weep as they realized that they had been slandering the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Too often, even as Christians, we bring up the past and use it as a weapon against our brothers and sisters. Forgiveness is a very foundational part of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
If the blood of Jesus does not cleanse the other person completely then it cannot cleanse us completely. If that is the case, then we are all in a lot of trouble.
What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus! End of case!!!!
Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:23
Friday, May 14, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
I made empanadas stuffed with left over pot roast. This was the first time I baked them and even though I think fried empanadas taste better, the baked ones weren't too bad. I also made some dessert empanadas stuffed with homemade apple pie filling. Yummy!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
- Stay in closer contact with family and friends ~ made calls, mailed cards and emailed but still think I can do better
- Create a photo prayer journal ~ I got some pictures printed but still haven't put this together
- Declutter the house...get rid of things we don't use and organize the things we do use ~ I have decluttered 358 items from the house and am still working on more. I am looking for a very well organized home as a result.
- Try one new recipe a week ~ I got a little off track with this goal but if you have any good, healthy recipes to share with me I would love to try them.
- Save 3 to 6 months expenses in savings ~ Mike is still on track
- Pay at least $5,000 extra on our mortgage ~ I am going to look into switching to a 15 year mortgage
- Comment more on others blogs ~ trying to figure out time management on this one
- Participate more on blog activities that promote networking ~ completed a few Random Dozen, Friday Fill-Ins and Then Sings My Soul Saturday but I really want to get more involved with card challenges and other things
- A time of prayer each night before going to sleep ~ need to get back into the habit of doing this.
- Pray more frequently for our missionaries ~ started Missions Monday as a way of reminding me to pray for our missionaries
- Go through the Bible on CD ~ on track
- Use one new stamp set per month to make cards ~ I have been spending lots of my time making cards and I have really enjoyed it
- Complete one card challenge per month ~ ouch... haven't done this one at all.
- Make 25 cards per month ~ on track
- Post one item on Etsy per month ~ another ouch... and this one really hurts because how will people buy items from me if I don't have them posted... so I need to definitely work on this one.
- Have 1 stamp class per Quarter ~ had a class right after Easter... haven't planned another one yet but will be planning one probably in July
Books to Read:
- Bible ~going through James right now...not sure which book I will focus on next, maybe Ruth
- Stepping Up by Beth Moore ~ done
- The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyer ~ I am on chapter 9... taking it slow so I can focus and meditate on what I read
Thursday, May 6, 2010
- 5 shirts - garage sale
- 1 phone - sold
- 3 albums - gave away
- 3 bags of craft paper - gave away
- 2 DVDs
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
I have missed the last few Random Dozen so this week I decided I was going to get a head start.
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated? sad to admit it, but I would have to say exercise
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? once I hit the pillow it doesn't take me long at all to fall asleep...some nights I sleep through the night and some nights I toss and turn all night long
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? I have never really been into fashion so why start now
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? Taco Salad
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse? I am not a big shopper over all...the last thing I impulse bought was watermelon
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? I want my funeral to be a happy one... rejoicing in the fact that I am in Heaven!
7. If it's true that joy is found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? My joy today was in spending time with Mike and accomplishing a card project
8. What is your favorite type of bread? any... my weakness is bread... I guess if I had to pick just one I would say French bread... yummy!
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? grumpiness
10. What trait would you like most to develop? perseverance
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why? Kitchen because I enjoy cooking and baking
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging That is a really hard question because many times I get wrapped up in it all and I have to take a step back and rethink and re-prioritize. I do find that running things past Mike helps me keep more balance in my life.
Go check out Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee to see the other participants of the Random Dozen.
Monday, May 3, 2010
- Full Support to come in
- Strength and safety for Beth through this second pregnancy
- Health for the entire family
- Wisdom in dealing with details and last minute things as they prepare for the field
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Thanks to Amy @ Signs, Miracles, Wonders for hosting Then Sings My Soul Saturdays. Now go check out her blog and all the other participants.