Wednesday, January 28, 2009

WFMW ~ Shout Out Stains

I had this really nice shirt that my sister bought for me and I decided to wear it one day. It just so happens that same day I dripped olive oil on my shirt. I was so upset but there wasn't much I could do about it at the time. So when I got home I washed my shirt but the oil stain didn't come out. I decided I would keep the shirt and wear it around the house since this was a brand new shirt. A few months went by and I forgot all about the stain and I decided to wear it. Once I saw the stain I changed shirts and put my oil stained shirt in a pile to take to my Mom's house. Mom's always know how to get stains out, right? So the day came for me to go visit my Mom and I took the shirt with me. Just like thought, my Mom had the answer. My Aunt Judy shared this very wonderful secret with her and I will never forget it. The secret is Shout Gel Advanced. This stain remover is made specifically for set in stains. I sprayed the oil stained shirt with this gel and I let it sit for 3 days. I washed it and dried it and the oil spot was gone. I was and obviously still am VERY happy.
I have used this on my cloth napkins and table cloth that get those spaghetti stains on them and it worked great.
If you want to avoid buying new clothes every time they get stained, get yourself a bottle of this wonderful stuff. So that is my tip for WFMW, check out Rocks in My Dryer for more.

4 comments:

Gia said...

I am going to purchase this! I have a set-in oil stain as well on one of my favorite turtlenecks! Thanks for the tip!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Gia - thanks for visiting my blog... dont give up on that stain... if it doesnt come out the first time, just spray some more gel on it and let it sit for a longer time. It will come out. I havent found any stain that wouldnt come out.

Anonymous said...

I am always fighting stains!! I have the regular Shout but am so trying the Shout Advanced! Thanks for sharing the tip!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I always keep Spray n Wash on hand, which works very well! But if this stuff is made for set-in stains, then it may be good to have on hand too. Thanks for the tip!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...