Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cruise Time!

To celebrate my parents 40th anniversary my sister planned a 3 day cruise. When I was out here in Vegas back in July, Kathy invited me to come along on this cruise. Although it was a wonderful cruise, when I slowed down to think, the thought of never being able to go on another cruise with Mike really hit me hard. I am so thankful for the years God gave me with him.
Since there were 5 of us Kathy upgraded to a balcony suite. This was a first for me and I loved it.In memory of Mike I made sure to take pictures of the food I ate. I was not as consistent as he would have been to photograph all of my dinners but atleast I took a few pictures. Fried shrimp - yummy!Fruit on a cruise is always delicious and refreshing!This was Mike's favorite dessert - Warm Chocolate Cake. He would order it every night on our cruises. I took this picture of Mexico from our balcony suite. We took a bus to the blow hole...the guide was very funny. Mom wasn't feeling too well and he did his best to make her laugh. La Bufadora - The blow hole

It was a fabulous weekend... Happy Anniversary Dad and Mom!

5 comments:

Rosalyn said...

I am so glad you had a good time. I prayed for you each day. We love you and talk and think of Mike often! We miss him too!

Mari said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate their anniversary! The room looks great and the food yummy!

sara said...

so glad you had a good time....I know at times it must have been hard, but you are so blessed with a great and supportive family!

Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad!

That is my husband favorite dessert on cruises too!!! so yummy!!

Karen said...

Your folks look very happy...so glad you and your family could share this special time with them....

riTa Koch said...

Lovely memories, beautiful photos, sweet Lizzie. Thank you!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...