Tuesday, March 30, 2010
1 cup melted butter
1-3/4 cups sucanat
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
Stir melted butter and sucanat together. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in flour and mix until well combined. Pour batter into a 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe.
I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's Holy Word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path and will hide its words in my heart that I might not sin against God.
Monday, March 29, 2010
I was born into a Christian family and had the opportunity of growing up in a home that served God faithfully. But it wasn't until I was a teenager that I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.
Shortly after, I surrendered to be a missionary. Since then I have been preparing for the mission field. I attended Bible college and received a bachelors degree in missions, spent six months on the mission field, and worked on the pastoral staff of Vision Baptist Church for two years.
While working at Vison Baptist Church I met my wife. We were married on August 18, 2007. We have finished our training at the Church and have gained much of the necessary experience before starting deputation and heading toward the field.
We are now on fulltime deputation with the hopes of leaving for the feild in the fall of 2010.
Another blurb from their website:
- Meet their goal of full support by August
- Natasha to stay healthy through this pregnancy
- God's will to be done regarding the baby
- Safety and strength as the family travels around visiting churches
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
If you have some time to look at her blog, be sure to also check out her recipes.
This Peanut Butter Honey Bar recipe is one of several of her recipes that I have tried. Let me just say YUMMY!
Peanut Butter Honey Bars
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/8 cup sesame seeds
Mix all ingredients well. Spread mixture into a 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Allow bard to cool completely before cutting.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I admit I have not been as faithful in prayer as I should be.
To challenge me in my prayer life I have created Missions Monday. I am starting next Monday March 29th. Join me each Monday as I strife to support missions through prayer!
Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
If you haven’t signed up for Swagbucks yet, you can get started now and redeem your swagbucks for prizes like this one! You can read more about how Swagbucks works here.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
- A wise woman does not dream of what "could have been." She does not see herself as "God's gift to men;" therefore, she is joyful and content in her present circumstances.
- Reactions are not premeditated actions springing from our best motives, carefully thought out, planned, and weighed. They are emotional responses, breaking loose like wild horses when we feel hurt, cheated, used, or misunderstood.
- Your reactions break you loose from your social inhibitions and manifest who you really are inside and what you really believe at your core level.
- Researchers have determined that the average person thinks over 40,000 thoughts each day. The heart is filled with thoughts, and it is out of that reservoir of thoughts that the mouth speaks words of praise or bitterness.
- A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth man out of the evil the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Luke 6:45
- For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he... Proverbs 23:7
- Bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. II Corinthians 10:5
- For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts..." Matthew 15:19
- Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Philippians2:5
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2
- You are what you think, and God tells you how to think: Think the truth. This is not the power of positive thinking; this is the power of the truth as God defines it. You are created to be your husband's helper, not his conscience, not his vocation director, and certainly not his critic.
- When you develop an adversarial relationship with your husband, you do so on the premise that you are right and he is wrong. You are also assuming that you have the duty to resist, confront, and challenge him. In thinking he is wrong and you are right, you declare yourself wiser than he, more spiritual, more discerning, more sacrificial, etc. All this adds up to the obvious conclusion that you have assumed the role of leadership, teacher, and judge. This is sinful and odious, and it displeases God greatly. No woman will ever have peace and joy until her mind is filled with goodwill toward her husband, and she is committed to becoming a good help meet for him.
- If you can say "Not my will, but thine be done," then you can know that your prayer is based on the fear of God. It is the beginning of wisdom. Ask God to give you the beginning of wisdom by asking him to teach you to fear him.
Time to Consider
- Is much of your life a reaction to real or perceived wrongs?
- Are you truly as wise as you think?
- Learn to understand and appreciate her man for who he is.
- Learn to be flexible.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
This week Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee had a St. Patrick's Day theme to the Random Dozen.1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly? not at all... I don't even know very many superstitious things to be superstitious about.
2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe? High School... but only by the strength God gave me.
3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging? just depends on the day... some days I enjoy blogging first thing in the morning other days I enjoy getting done the things I need to get done for the day before I start blogging.
4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for? No... Mike is a very organized guy and he keeps us on schedule which I really appreciate about him!
5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring? the warmer weather, the colorful flowers, the baby animals...looking forward to it all!
6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day? Most years I have but I don't have anything green on today. I did make lunch and used green plates, bowls and cups... does that count for anything?
7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable? How any mother could hurt her child!
8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live? I guess like a lamb
9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it? I don't know what I would do with an extra hour... I guess at the beginning I would be wise with it but as time went on I would struggle with time management just like I do now some days.
10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold? food
11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day. Light... the electricity that runs through the house and allows us to have light in every room.
12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here and then report your Irish name. Izett Hughes
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Do you have any used DVDs laying around? I did and when I found out about SwapA DVD I signed right up.
Let me tell you how it works -- because it is so easy! I listed a bunch of DVDs on the site (listing your first 10 DVD titles gets you a free credit!) and I got a free DVD credit to get started. So you can order a DVD right away - free of charge -- and have the DVD mailed directly to you! No strings attached. No gimmicks. No spam mail. Nothing.
When another member selects one of my DVDs that I have listed, I mail it to them. Yes, I pay for the postage. But then I get another DVD credit and I can select a DVD that I want. So another Club Member returns the favor and mails me one of his or her DVDs free of charge. For every DVD I mail out, I get another DVD in return - a true shared system!
When someone requests one of your DVDs, all you have to do is drop it in the mail. You really need to check it out.
Note: I have even accumulated so many points that I have sold some of my points to other SwapA DVD members.
Monday, March 15, 2010
- Eggs and Grits
- Breakfast Tortillas target="new"
- Bagels and Smoothie
- Apple Sauce
- Lima Beans
- Green Beans
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
What a beautiful day today has turned out to be! Praise the Lord for each day He gives us!
Friday, March 12, 2010
This week I am late in completing my Random Dozen but I thought better late than never in joining Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee ...so here goes.
1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet? I would say about 3 years old or so. I don't really own alot of shoes and I don't normally buy shoes. I get my shoes from my sister (Thanks Kathy!)
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety? No Girl Scout cookies this year and come to think of it, I didn't buy any last year either... see how good I am :-)
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to? I don't know and honestly I am not sure if I am coordinated enough to even learn how to ballroom dance.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager? I think I was
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see? well this is a touch question because I don't even know what movies were nominated for the Oscar's this year.
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself? I try not to think to much about any medical procedure so I don't stress myself all out... I guess I would rather just have it done than watch someone else first.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? Right now it is Saturday because that is really the one day Mike and I can spend the day together and go do whatever we feel like.
8. Do you miss anyone right now? My Mom... it is her birthday today and I wish I could have been there to make it an extra special day for her.
9. Do hospitals make you queasy? not really
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you. I guess I would say Walmart because I can buy more of a variety of things
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items? it depends on the product/item... some things the store brand works just as well but on other things the quality of store brand is just not the same.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels? looking into someone's eyes when I am telling someone how I feel.
- From the beginning, God meant for us to be a comfort, a blessing, a reward, a friend, and encouragement, and a right-hand wo-man.
- God didn't create Adam and Eve at the same time and tell them to work out some compromise on how they would each achieve their personal goals in a cooperative endeavor. He created Adam, gave him an occupation, appointed him as ruler of the planet, endowed him with a spiritual outlook, gave him commands, and specified his occupational duties. Adam commenced hi rule of the planet before God created Eve to help him in his life's goals. Adam didn't need to get Eve's consent. God gave her to Adam to be HIS helper, not his partner. She was designed to serve, not to be served, to assist, not to veto his decisions.
- Find your life in his.
- God made us women to be help meets, and it is in our physical nature to be so. It is our spiritual calling and God's perfect will for us. It is the role in which we will succeed in life, and it is where we will find our very greatest fulfillment as a woman and as a saint of God. God said in Genesis, "I will make him an help meet for him." Paul said, "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man" (I Corinthians 11:8-9). "Unto the woman he said... and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee" (Genesis 3:16)
- Life is full of choices. How you choose to respond will help decide your fate in life. Life is now.
- Someday people will say to you, "Your personality is just a happy type, and that is why you enjoy life. Isn't that right?" You can laugh and know that being in God's will is the only thing that makes you full of joy. God is not looking for happy women to make them into help meets for good men. He is looking for women willing to be true help meets to the men to whom they are married, so He can fill them full of joy.
- God says so clearly and emphatically that, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men [and women] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5). Ask God to help you know and appreciate your man.
Time to Consider
- Unto the women he said...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee ~ Genesis 3:16
- So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding ~ Proverbs 2:2
- Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding ~ Proverbs 4:7
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Brittany was in charge of the controller