Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pledges

Mike and I were talking flags the other day and it reminded me of the pledges we did every morning in middle school. I didn't realize it but Mike had actually never heard of the Christian flag and he didn't know there were pledges to the Christian flag or the Bible. I tried to remember the words but I got myself all confused so I thought I better look them up and give myself a refresher course.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe.
I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's Holy Word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path and will hide its words in my heart that I might not sin against God.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I remember these from VBS and Sunday School....

Lhoyt said...

First, the allegiance to the Bible, Next the allegiance to the Body of Christ, now the allegiance to our country, are all being trashed by those who cannot stand an absolute standard. Let us pray for our country, our churches, and our own convictions to come back to the Solid Foundation.!!

Madonna said...

I used to do the pledge of Allegiance to the flag in school but never heard of the others.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...