Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Goals for 2010 ~ Update

This year I wanted to do more looking back at the goals I set at the beginning of the year to make sure I stayed on track through out the year.
I can't believe we are already in March. Now let's see how I'm doing with my Goals for 2010...have I gotten off track, am I sticking with it... do I need to modify any.

Family Goals:
  • Stay in closer contact with family and friends ~ mailed letters in Feb
  • Create a photo prayer journal ~ haven't even started on this one... need to get organized
  • Declutter the house...get rid of things we don't use and organize the things we do use ~ joined the declutter project which is keeping in somewhat on task... probably need to focus a little more on organizing what I am keeping
Homemaking Goals:
  • Try one new recipe a week ~ I have tried several new recipes but not sure I am on point for one a week.
Financial Goals:
  • Save 3 to 6 months expenses in savings ~ Mike is doing an excellent job at working on this goal
  • Pay at least $5,000 extra on our mortgage ~ right now we are focusing on the goal above so we are only paying about $200 a month extra on mortgage...once we have our 3 to 6 months savings built up we will be able to put larger amounts of money towards our mortgage.
Personal Goals:
  • Comment more on others blogs ~ started off strong, then got off track and am now back on track... still want to do more but taking it in baby steps
  • Participate more on blog activities that promote networking ~ haven't done as much as I would like...participated in a few Random Dozen and Then Sings My Soul Saturday but I really want to get more involved.
Spiritual Goals:
  • A time of prayer each night before going to sleep ~ started strong in the beginning of the year... I need to get back in the habit of praying before I go to sleep.
  • Pray more frequently for our missionaries ~ not doing a good job with this one at all... I think if I get my prayer journal made this would help.
  • Go through the Bible on CD ~ doing great... there are some days I don't listen to any CDs but other days I will listen to 3 or 4 CDs in a row...I may be able to listen to the Bible 2 times through in one year... we will see.
Crafting Goals:
  • Use one new stamp set per month to make cards ~ I am on track with this goal and I am really enjoying my card time.
  • Complete one card challenge per month ~ ouch... haven't done this one at all... I guess I need to do a challenge tomorrow.
  • Make 25 cards per month ~ I think I have made this goal... really not sure because I didn't count all my cards.
  • Post one item on Etsy per month ~ another ouch... and this one really hurts because how will people buy items from me if I don't have them posted... so I need to definitely work on this one tomorrow.
  • Have 1 stamp class per Quarter ~ well for me to meet this goal I need to schedule a class in March... I guess I better pull out my calendar and make some plans
Books to Read:


  • Bible ~ reading...don't have a specific amount but I like it that way... just read as much or as little as I want to each day
  • Stepping Up by Beth Moore ~ completed the Bible study
  • The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyer ~ working on this goal but it is going real slow... I think I am in chapter 5 so far.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...