Friday, January 15, 2010

Goals for 2010

Since it's already the middle of January I decided I better get this posted. I've been praying and meditating on what my goals should be for 2010.

For me the new year has always been a time to make a resolution to lose weight. Although I always started strong, it never lasted. This year I want to do things differently. I want to be sure I am in the Lord's will as I focus on my goals.

As the saying goes, "If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time." I don't want to waste a year of my life when I should be living for the Lord. I may not make all my goals, or I may change them along the way but I will be farther along than if I didn't set any goals at all.

So with all of this in mind, I am setting these goals to accomplish by next year.

Family Goals:

  • Stay in closer contact with family and friends
  • Create a photo prayer journal
  • De-clutter the house...getting rid of things we don't use and organizing the things we do use

Homemaking Goals:

  • Try one new recipe a week
Financial Goals:

  • Save 3 to 6 months expenses in savings
  • Pay at least $5,000 extra on our mortgage

Personal Goals:

  • Comment more on others blogs
  • Participate more on blog activities that promote networking

Spiritual Goals:

  • A time of prayer each night before going to sleep
  • Pray more frequently for our missionaries
  • Go through the Bible on CD

Crafting Goals:

  • Use one new stamp set per month to make cards
  • Complete one card challenge per month
  • Make 25 cards per month
  • Post one item on Etsy per month
  • Have 1 stamp class per Quarter
Books to Read:

As I look back on 2009 I realize there are many projects that I started and never finished. This year I want to focus more on completing what I begin and also going back and completing those projects from 2009.

I would appreciate your prayers as I strive to complete these goals. Through God's leading, guidance and strength, I will be successful!

2 Corinthians 5:10 ~ For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...