Sunday, January 10, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 2

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com


Monday
look at all these eggs we came home to...we actually had about a dozen more that froze and cracked.

After cleaning the chicken house, going through the HUGE stack of mail, unpacking, it was time to put away the Christmas decorations... look how bare the house looks


Tuesday
We are trying to eat healthier...you know what that means?

We eat healthier, the chickens eat healthier...here they are eating celery...they get to eat the leafy part while we enjoy the main celery stalk...they also enjoyed the pecking at the skin of my spaghetti squash...they cleaned it all up

Wednesday
We had a chance to go to Walmart and check out what Christmas items are left. I got these really nice Wilton cookie cutters for 75 cents each. These cutters normally sell for around $5. I am really excited.


Thursday
Oh baby it's cold outside

Thursday we got snow...Mike couldn't wait to get outside and make a little snowman.


Friday
I woke up to this white winter wonderland

Saturday
Although it was icy out, Mike wanted to get out of the house. So off we went heading south as we drove, did some grocery shopping and went to watch a movie. While driving we saw this cute round bale straw family.Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? We saw it sitting on a bench and I walked closer and closer to it but it wasn't budging. I'm surprised it stayed so still but then again it was really enjoying the sunshine during this very cold day.
I am going to close my week on Saturday so I can post this earlier on Sundays. Next week you will see my picture for today. Thanks to all who visit and comment on my blog. I greatly appreciate it. Now go over to Sara's blog and spread some more cheer!

14 comments:

sara said...

that is a lot of eggs!!!

it is so hard to get used to the house without the decorations, isn't it?

so if the chickens eat healthier...do you get healthier eggs? ha, just had to ask!

love the hay snow family!!!!

great week! sorry I have no idea what kind of bird that is.

The Bug said...

The hay family is really cool! I don't think our farmers are quite that creative.

I've been eating so many eggs lately that I wish I had a chicken sometimes - but since we have no shelter for it & it's so cold here I don't think it would work out.

I love the picutre of your husband - he does look pretty cold!

EstarellasFamily said...

Looks like you had a great week. Love Michael in his hat!! The snow picture was so pretty. All we ended up getting was sleet....but in Florida its close enough to snow! Not sure what kind of bird that is either...other than a cold bird to cold to fly away!

Darla said...

what a cute snowman family! and i really like your chickens, we always talked about getting some. glad you are doing the project, we get to know each other really really well by the end of the year. haha. and its alot of fun too.

LuAnn said...

What fun pictures this week. I would love to have the eggs you do.
We use to have a farmer by us do something with the round bails each different holiday.

Have a fun week!!!

Amy said...

I miss my Christmas tree too...and sometimes I miss the snow. I am originally from Iowa and now live in California.

Great pictures thanks for sharing them.

Amy

The Davidson Den said...

I'm just dropping by from Sara's "Project." And I wanted to say...OH!!! I want chickens so badly!!!!!

Lisa said...

Cute snow family and I think its ironic that your husband is wearing a Miami sweatshirt for that particular caption. Does it help him feel warmer?

Skoots1moM said...

what GREAT pics...so love the little birdie and the snow pic

Cathy said...

Wow, I can't believe that bird let you get that close. Cool picture. I love the Snow Bale family too. Great pictures.

riTa Koch said...

You take great pictures, Lizzie!
The bird one is worthy of a card!
Enjoy your healthy eating.
Don't overdo it on the eggs ;)

EstarellasFamily said...

Just looked at the pictures again and I love all the different shapes and sizes to the eggs. There are some that are pretty cool looking.

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Thanks to everyone for all the lovely comments... I must say if you live in an area that allows you to have chickens I encourage you to go for it. Chickens really aren't hard to keep... If you are just getting started or want some info... we have used http://www.backyardchickens.com/ to get ideas and have questions answered...
Have a blessed week everyone!

achildoftheking said...

Elizabeth. I love the snowman hay bales and the bird. I love wildlife. Nice work.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...