Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy 101 Award!

The other day my Aunt Rita gave me the Happy 101 Award. Now it's my turn to follow the rules and share some great blogs with you.

Here are the rules:

  1. Copy the award image into a post.
  2. List 10 things that make you happy.
  3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
  4. Put in a link to their blogs.
  5. Notify the award receivers.
  6. Recipients should link back to the sender’s blog.
List 10 Things That Make Me Happy:
  1. Mike - He is the most amazing man in the world. Did you know that his goal every day is to make me laugh? He loves me, takes care of me, supports me, listens to me....he is just amazing!
  2. Family - We have always been close and I am so thankful God gave me a close knit family. If Mike and I ever need anything, from advice to a place to live, I can confidently say they would be there for us... no matter what.
  3. Friends - I have been blessed with such wonderful friends... God knows exactly who I need in my life to challenge me and move me toward a closer relationship with Him.
  4. Cooking - I love cooking... there is just something about making and enjoying a delicious meal.
  5. Stamping - such a fun way to use my hands...making little card creations with my rubber stamps, ink and paper... I so enjoy making cards but my problem is I am not good as selling them... Note to self: I need to work on selling my cards more!
  6. Scrapbooks - I haven't done scrapbooking in a while but I really want to get back into it. I want to capture those memories... organize those pictures... and enjoy looking back at the completed books.
  7. Organizing - there is nothing that feels better than completing an organization project... big or small... the happy feeling of a job well done... having everything in its place, easy to find, easy to get to, easy to put away. I can't say I have achieved organizational success in all areas of my house (because believe me my craft room is a mess) but I am working on little project at a time as I compete these little projects my heart overflows with joy.
  8. Pictures - I am not at all a professional... but I enjoy taking pictures... capturing those special moments...maybe one day I will take a class on photography to help me achieve a more professional style.
  9. Garage Sales - finding good garage sales that have a wide selection of items and is well priced for a garage sale makes me happy, happy, happy.
  10. Singing - Nothing sooths the soul better than singing. I love to sing... it just makes me happy... whether I am doing the dishes, cleaning the house, or working on my crafts.... I just love to sing!
Tag 10 Bloggers Who Brighten Your Day:
  1. Kathy the Vegas Girl - this is my sister's blog... I love reading her blog because she lives so far away from me right now that this makes me feel a little closer. I love you Kathy and sure do miss you!
  2. The Estarellas Family - this is my SIL's blog... she takes some awesome pictures and I love reading about what they are up to.
  3. The Homespun Heart - I don't even remember how I started reading this blog but I have been following it for about a year or so... Monica challenges me to make my home a haven...she makes some amazing crafts and has also shared some delicious recipes... I have never met Monica but she seems like such a sweet, gentle, caring, Christian lady.
  4. Six Olive Plants - Marcy use to come to our church until the moved south. I enjoy the stories she shares... it seems there is never a dull moment in that house!
  5. Pecan Pastures - This is Marcy's oldest daughter...she has such a heart for the Lord... she is turning into such a Godly young lady... it's just amazing to see!
  6. Make Music From Your Heart To The Lord - I was introduced to Sara's blog last year when I started Project 365... I have enjoyed getting to know her better... and I enjoyed Project 365 so much last year that I joined again this year. If you have a blog, I highly recommend jumping in on this project.
  7. Pieces of Me - I actually found Allison's blog through a stamp site called Split Coast Stampers. Then I realized she actually lived pretty close to me (at least GA standards for close) I am looking forward to meeting her one day.
  8. Divine Calling - Christie is amazing... Mom to 4 beautiful children... her posts are very thought provoking... and her pictures are priceless...We gotta get together sometime... I miss you!
  9. Heavenly Homemakers - Not sure how I found this blog but I am so glad I did. Laura has some wonderful recipes but even more than just recipes, she does a great job keeping things real.
  10. A Sacred Foundation - Maggie (from church) has such adorable children. She does a fantastic job in getting lots of pictures of them.
Thanks again Aunt Rita for selecting my blog!

4 comments:

riTa Koch said...

You're welcome! Te lo mereces.

BTW, did you finish the Lynn Hoyt scrapbook for Grandma? (You may have told me and I forgot) If not I found some more photos.

Shonda said...

What a great idea!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I have the pictures in the album and the next time I am with Dad I want to work on getting some journaling done to go with the pictures....

If you want to send me the additional pictures you found, I will try and fit them in as best as I can...

Thanks,
Lizzie

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi Lizzie!

Congratulations on your Happiness Award! I enjoyed reading the things that make you happy! And, thanks so much for sharing the award with me and for visiting my blog!

I appreciate you,
Monica

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...