Thursday, January 14, 2010

Praise, Prayer & Memorize

Praise:
Just wanted to praise the Lord for a safe home delivery of Liberty Jane Burge on January 12 @ 11:13 AM. God has given the Burge family a healthy little girl weighing in at 8 lbs 1 ounce and 20 inches long. Thank you Lord!
--------------------------
Prayer:
I receive emails from Bethany Christian services since Mike and I have gone to some of their meetings regarding adoption. This email that I received yesterday really touched me and I wanted to share this prayer request with you so we could all pray for these sweet girls.
Also be in prayer for all in Haiti as they work through the devastation after the earthquake.

--------------------------

Memorize:

Today I am going to a Women's Bible Study, more on that later. I've spent the last couple days doing my homework in preparation for this class. One of the challenges Beth Moore gives is for us to memorize Psalm 121. It is only 8 verses so will you join me in memorizing God's word?

She has asked us to memorize the verses using the Holman Christian Standard Bible so we can all say it in unison in the class. Although this is not a normal translation I use, I will be memorizing the verses in that translation.

Psalm 121:1-8

1 I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.

4 Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.

5 The LORD protects you:
the LORD is a shelter right by your side.

6 The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.

7 The LORD will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.

8 The LORD will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...