Sunday, January 3, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 1

I am not starting off on the right foot this year. Seems this post as taken me way longer than I wanted it to. I just didn't get my act together soon enough but it is finally done and I am happy about that. I will work hard to get Project 365 posted earlier.

Now for my first week of 2010:
This is a picture of my Mom... I am getting this look from her because I am trying to tell her we don't need to fix more food and she is looking at me like "I hear you but I am not going to listen." My Mom doesn't want anyone to leave hungry. She also wants to fix lots of different things because she knows what our favorite things are and she wants to make each of us our favorite meal. I do love her servant's spirit!
Rachel got her hair trimmed and decided to get bangs. I am still getting use to the new look.
Rachel wanted to spend the night since Aunt Kathy was there. We played hand and foot for a while and then decided to go see what was on TV. She tried real hard to stay awake but she didn't make it... I think she fell asleep about 30 minutes before the ball dropped.
New Years Day was filled with lots of food, fun, and fellowship. My brother's friend came over to join us for the day. Lots of Wii and Hand and Foot filled the day. We played so much that this is the only picture I took of us playing Hand and Foot.
Since my sister lives so far away she wanted to take advantage of her visit. So we jumped in the car and went to visit Aunt Judy and Jane. They live about 2 hours away and since Aunt Judy had to work we went to her. We enjoyed a delicious meal at Carolina Roadhouse...thanks again Kathy!
This is Aunt Judy and Jane's dog... Zoey... Isn't she adorable... they put 2 sweaters on her when they take her outside in the cold.
Mike and I drove Kathy to the airport... because the ticket was bought at the last minute the best deal they could get was out of Charlotte which is about 3 hours away. She had a real early flight so we ended up driving in the middle of the night to get her to the airport in time. Mike decided he just wasn't going to be able to drive back home so we stayed at a hotel. The hotel offered free breakfast, so we took advantage of it. I made these cute little waffles for my breakfast and completed my meal with some coffee. Yummy!
I must say Kathy really sacrificed alot to come for the visit and we really appreciate it. Kathy basically didn't sleep for two days both coming and going. She had long layovers in Atlanta which just made things even harder. Thanks so much Kathy for sacrificing for us! Thanks Paul for sending her! We love you both.
Now it's time to head on over to Sara's blog and see how everyone else spent their first week of the year.

2 comments:

Jenny wren's nest said...

I think the waffles that you make at the hotel are so yummy. My husband almost bought me a waffle iron for Christmas but I think it would not be as fun because I would have to clean it when we were done.
Jenny

H-Mama said...

Thanks for visiting, Elizabeth. ;) To answer your question, I use Picasa or Photoshop to edit many of my pix.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...