Betsy spent a few days with Audrey as a trial run to see if she would be willing/able to take care of Betsy for 2 weeks while we go on our cruise.
Going to check out Sara's blog and see how everyone else's week went.
Going to check out Sara's blog and see how everyone else's week went.
English sure is a complicated language!
1. How good are you at delaying gratification? I think it just depends on my mood...sometimes I can keep my eye on the prize and not have a problem delaying my gratification... and other times I feel like I just have to have it now!
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting? lately it's been ice cream... especially after eating a salty meal, I am tempted to eat ice cream....
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you? 4 ... I hate to answer this question because I will probably be tested on my patience now :-)
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.? not that I can think of... if anything, I have been disappointed when I have given into something and then later realize that if I have delayed it, I would have probably realized it wasn't worth it and saved myself the disappointment
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts? depends if the shortcut is a good thing or not... in my work, I try to do my best... shortcuts would be less than my best... but a shortcut when driving... to get me from here to there faster (without hurting anything/anything/ or the end result) than I am totally for it.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in? cruise line...when you are so ready to go on vacation... get on that boat... eat lots of food.... get some rest.... the anticipation... oh I am already so excited for our cruise in May
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth? no children yet and I am not sure if I would wait or not...I guess I need to talk to Mike about that one
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly? never really thought about it...I think it is a different kind of patience for each...
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present? not that I can remember... I like being surprised
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything? 7 years.... so far... and still waiting... for children that is... My husband and I have been married for 7 years and still no children... but God is faithful and I know His timing is perfect
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other? depends... sometimes he is... and sometimes I am...
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.) honestly... I am only familiar with C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
This is one of those many unfinished projects that I was talking about in my Goals for 2010. I have had this project for years. To be honest, I don't even remember when I started it. I did pull it out and looked it over to see how much work I still had left to do. I think I am going to put this project in the truck to work on while we drive around town. Eventually I will get it done... I promise! Wednesday
Here are some more cards I completed this week. Another one of my Goals for 2010 is to use a new stamp set each month until I have used all the stamps I own. So this stamp set called A Little Love from Stampin Up is for January. I thought this little dog stamp was adorable and I love the saying with it... ruff day? Thursday
Audrey is my dear friend who takes me to Bible study on Thursdays. You may be asking yourself why she is posing like this for her picture... and I have a very good explanation... really I do! Basically, her friends always tease her that she only wears black shirts and shoes so she wanted the picture as proof that she does wear more than just black. BTW - We had another awesome day at Bible study. Friday
Mike had off work so I thought it would be nice to go check out the local crisis pregnancy center. See, we support the center in Cumming but since we live in Dahlonega, I thought it would be nice to support our local center. I am also praying about volunteering. I need to get some transportation worked out but I know if this is God's will for me right now, it will all work out.
Thanks to all of you who prayed for my roll top desk to sell. Praise the Lord it's sold. I posted about 6 other items on Craigslist. My goal is to sell things from around the house that Mike and I can raise enough money to go on a cruise with my sister and her hubby. The cruise which they already have scheduled is actually the week of our anniversary. Wouldn't it be nice to celebrate our 8 year anniversary on a cruise? Please pray that my antique phone sells this week, and that we are able to sell it as a good price. This phone is from the 1900's and in very good condition but it has been sitting in our closet for over 2 years and I decided it was time to let it go. Anyone local interested?
Here are the rules:
Another week has gone by and it's that time again ~ thanks again Linda for hosting Random Dozen.
1. If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why? actually right now is a good age
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?) I asked the hubby and this is what he said ~ PW's Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal? sing... it is amazing how singing just lifts me right up...
4. When was the last time you danced in public? dance? are you kidding me...
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer? I think I would have to say I am a wanna be dreamer... I dream up alot of different things I would love to start or get involved in, however the realist in me reminds me of all the obstacles that I don't even know where to begin and so the realist wins again.
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well? not a parent yet but Lord willing one day I will be
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show? I know what the Andy Griffith show is but I haven't watched it much to really know the characters. Sorry!
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? I guess I would say a 2... I sure remember February being dedicated to studying him in school but I really don't remember much.
9. What is your #1 driving pet peeve? I can't even remember the last time I drove. I hate driving so my wonderful husband takes me everywhere.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate? gray... it looks like it's going to rain outside so the day as been overcast.
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be? monkey... and I mean this in the nicest way.... he is always making me laugh because he is such a kid at heart.
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day? honestly... the computer... unless I am dedicated and need to get other things done.
I cleaned up the house some and then took the rest of the afternoon to be in God's word.
After Mike got off work, we decided to clean out his roll top desk and put it on Craigslist. Please pray with me that this desk sells this week. It is a wonderful desk, in excellent condition but we are trying to change some things around and it just doesn't really fit in the office any more. Wednesday
Time for more meditating in God's word.
Audrey and I attended the Stepping Up Bible study at this HUGE church in Buford. The ladies in the group were very welcoming. What an awesome study so far! Friday
I collected 19 eggs which is the highest we have ever had. As the weather gets warmer we should start getting at least 2 dozen a day. Because of the abundance of eggs, I decided to pull out this recipe book that my SIL Maureen gave me when she visited us this past July. There are some really yummy recipes in this book and I look forward to trying them this coming week. I will be sure to take some pictures and pass along the "do again" recipes.
Today I am going to a Women's Bible Study, more on that later. I've spent the last couple days doing my homework in preparation for this class. One of the challenges Beth Moore gives is for us to memorize Psalm 121. It is only 8 verses so will you join me in memorizing God's word?
She has asked us to memorize the verses using the Holman Christian Standard Bible so we can all say it in unison in the class. Although this is not a normal translation I use, I will be memorizing the verses in that translation.
1 I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.
4 Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.
5 The LORD protects you:
the LORD is a shelter right by your side.
6 The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.
7 The LORD will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.
8 The LORD will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.
1.When was the last time you craved a food--what was it, and did you cave? yesterday, a bagel and no I didn't cave...trying to do low carb right now and a bagel doesn't fit into that category
2. M & M's or Skittles? M&M's .... Peanut M&M's to be exact
3. Have you ever read the Bible completely through? yes...many failed attempts but I do think I made it through one time...this year I am listening to the Bible on cd
4. How long does it take you to really wake up in the morning? not long... once I am up out of bed I am awake
5. Have you ever been on a cruise? If not, would you like to? yes, I think I am up to about 5 cruises and I would love to do some more. I love cruises because I go with my family... we all get together and have a great week of making lots of memories
6. Who is your favorite actress? don't really have one
7. ______ is something that I will just never understand. Poker
8. How much of a technology junkie are you? Lets see... I have a cell phone but it's not new so it doesn't do much of anything but make and receive calls (which is fine with me) ... I have Facebook but not Tweeter... I have a digital camera and I actually got my Canon Rebel as soon as it went digital.... I love pictures and the money I have saved by having a digital camera instead of my Canon 35mm is amazing... so all in all I would say I am average
9. Do you enjoy selecting greeting cards for people, or is it more of a cultural "have to" for you? I enjoy making greeting cards...way better to receive a handmade card than a store bought one...don't you think?
10. When was the last time you got a new style/haircut? probably about 5 years ago my sister took me to have my hair professionally cut with a completely new look but then it grew out and since I don't like to pay for hair cuts I just have my same old look.
11. What do you enjoy shopping for most? others... I would shop for someone else any day before I would go and spend money on myself.
12. What's the last thing you think of before you leave the house? did I lock the door
Thanks Linda @ 2nd cup of coffee for hosting Randon Dozen.
We eat healthier, the chickens eat healthier...here they are eating celery...they get to eat the leafy part while we enjoy the main celery stalk...they also enjoyed the pecking at the skin of my spaghetti squash...they cleaned it all up
Thursday we got snow...Mike couldn't wait to get outside and make a little snowman.