Sunday, January 31, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 5

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Monday
Here is the latest and greatest on my card making. I thought these could be used for Valentine's Day, Anniversary, Wedding or just because.

Tuesday
I spent the day at my friend's house helping her out with making lunch and getting coupons cut out and organized to go shopping. We did a Publix run and did amazingly well. She spent $109 and saved over $233. Once we got home and the kids put all the groceries away, she took me into her room and gave me a ton of clothes. Most of them brand new that she had been holding onto. I came home with two huge garbage bags of clothes. I was so excited. Here is a very small sampling of what I brought home. Thank you... Thank you... Thank you!
Wednesday
The last Wednesday of each month we go to a local nursing home to have a church service. After the service we spend time talking with the the residents. Grace is the checker's champion and she asked me to play. I very rarely play checkers so I am not a threat to her but it was fun!

Thursday
Betsy spent a few days with Audrey as a trial run to see if she would be willing/able to take care of Betsy for 2 weeks while we go on our cruise.

Friday
We were invited over to a church families home for dinner. We had a fabulous time. They made the most delicious food...spelt spaghetti with meatballs, asparagus, Greek salad and garlic bread....for dessert we ate this chocolaty rich mousse. I was totally stuffed, so to work it off we played some games. We laughed and laughed and laughed some more.
Saturday
We were suppose to get snow, ice and sleet so we decided to pick up a pizza in the morning and stay in the rest of the day. Mike found this new pizza of the month at Walmart. It was extra cheesy and yummy!

Going to check out Sara's blog and see how everyone else's week went.

13 comments:

sara said...

that care is soooo cute!!

wow! that is a HUGE savings!! I need to shop with you guys!

that picture of you playing checkers is so sweet. I love that your church does that.

yum, chocolate mousse!!!

looks like a wonderful week!

H-Mama said...

the checkers picture is priceless. a cruise?! i'll try not to be jealous. ;) greek salads are the best.

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the card!!! I have those sets and now I just have to give it a try.

Have a great week!
Allison

Kathy said...

I love the card!!! Betsy looks sooooo skinny. I hope she gets some meat on her bones!!
Miss you.

Darla said...

i got excited for you just thinking about how fun it would be to bring home all those new clothes...for free! that's the kind of stuff that makes me happy!!!

riTa Koch said...

So who won at checkers?
Betsy looks quite strong.
Great cards and photos!
Have a wonderful week.

Angie said...

Nice card! I'll have to check out your other blog sometime soon.

Great pics...love the checkers and the trail run for the dogsitter - good idea.

Did you get snow or ice?

Skoots1moM said...

you're very talented...
our ice only lasted a little while
have a GREAT week...

Tori said...

What a beautiful card! The dinner with friends sounds great and what a fabulous menu!

The Bug said...

Love the card! I've been so slack in the card making department this year. Sigh.

Isn't getting clothes from a friend the best?

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments about my cards...
Of course Grace won the checkers match :-)
We didn't end up getting any snow. We got some ice but no snow. They are calling for snow again this weekend so may still have a chance...

The Davidson Den said...

LOVE the card(s) you made!!
And Grace the Checkers Champion looks so precious. I bet she's a sweetie pie.

Cathy said...

Don't you just love it when someone gives you clothes. It's like Christmas!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...