Sunday, January 17, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 3

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com
This has been a very spiritually convicting week for me. The Lord started working in my heart last Sunday challenging me to be in His Word and on my knees more. By Tuesday I was deep into the Stepping Up workbook getting my homework done. The Lord showed me that I have been saved for 23 years or so and have not focused much of my time for doing God's work here on earth. My priorities have been way off.

Sunday
I am really trying to focus on making Sunday a true day of rest for me. So I spent the afternoon playing on my laptop by the end of that time I thought it would be nice to organize my desktop. I am one of those people who saves everything to her desktop, so it was a mess. This is the end result and I am very happy with it. It makes me feel so good to be organized.

Monday
I cleaned up the house some and then took the rest of the afternoon to be in God's word.

Tuesday
After Mike got off work, we decided to clean out his roll top desk and put it on Craigslist. Please pray with me that this desk sells this week. It is a wonderful desk, in excellent condition but we are trying to change some things around and it just doesn't really fit in the office any more. Wednesday
Time for more meditating in God's word.
Thursday
Audrey and I attended the Stepping Up Bible study at this HUGE church in Buford. The ladies in the group were very welcoming. What an awesome study so far! Friday
I collected 19 eggs which is the highest we have ever had. As the weather gets warmer we should start getting at least 2 dozen a day. Because of the abundance of eggs, I decided to pull out this recipe book that my SIL Maureen gave me when she visited us this past July. There are some really yummy recipes in this book and I look forward to trying them this coming week. I will be sure to take some pictures and pass along the "do again" recipes.

Saturday
I was cleaning out a cabinet and I found these index cards. These are from when I was in 5th grade. Each week we had a new verse to learn. First we would write them on a recycled index card, then Mrs. Leppert would review it for spelling first and finally we would recite it to her. She is my favorite teacher, not because I did well in her class (because believe me I didn't... I was an average student, struggling through spelling, reading and English) but God has blessed her with a gift for teaching, loving and caring for others.

Bonus Picture / Giveaway
I have eight $5 off coupons for Roadhouse Grill to give away. The question: who has a Roadhouse Grill near them. These coupons have no expiration date. We use to have 2 locations within 30 minutes of us but they have both closed...maybe all Roadhouse Restaurants have closed, I don't know. If you have one of these near you, leave a comment and I will randomly select from those names. Thanks to all of you for visiting. I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment. Now go over to Sara's blog and spread some more cheer!

17 comments:

EstarellasFamily said...

That's great news on the egg front.....and I'm sure you will get use out of that book I gave you!! All the Roadhouses down here in Florida closed last year I believe (bankruptcy). Poor employees showed up to work to find chains on the doors...they were given no notice. Very Sad. Have a great week!

sara said...

i need you to organize my desktop!!! I save everything there too and right now it is a cluttered mess!!

Stepping Up had a huge impact on my life and I LOVED rewriting the Psalms!!

We don't have a roadhouse grill here, wish we did!!

H-Mama said...

Such an abundance of eggs! Looks like the perfect book for it. ;)

I'm not sure if we have a 'Roadhouse Grill'?

LuAnn said...

Lucky you with the eggs!!
I am praying you found what you were searching for in scripture this week. It is such a comfort to find what we need in God's Word.

The Bug said...

Shoot - I just looked up the restaurant & they only have locations in California, Oregon & Washington. So I guess I don't need a coupon...

The rolltop desk is beautiful! I'm sure it will go to a new home quickly.

Your 5th grade handwriting looks a lot like mine - brings back memories...

Kathy said...

What an awesome post. I am very uplifted by your posts. I am going to purchase that book and the study myself. Thanks for sharing. Love ya!!!

beckyjomama said...

I hope you enjoy that study - I do love me some Beth Moore! It's a good one!

Skoots1moM said...

what good pics...
praying you have a good 4th week of 365 :)

Amy said...

A week where I feel organized is a good week, too bad I don't have them all that often...ha ha.

I love your new commitment and I hope your journey finds you happiness.

Great pictures

Amy

Cathy said...

I hope you let us know what you think of the Stepping Up Bible study as you get into it more. I'm doing the Breaking Free in preparation for our group starting in March. Have fun with all the eggs and be sure to take pictures of your recipes. See you next week.

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hello Mrs. Elizabeth!
Thank you for commenting on my blog.
To answer your question...
I did not make the dresses, my Grandma did!

Blessings,
M.E.~

The Davidson Den said...

I'm about to start Stepping Up!! I'm doing it by myself, though, because it's just so hard for me to get away for a weekly Bible study. I just really hate to miss out on the videos. Anyway, I think it's going to be a really good study--one that I've been needing. I know what you mean about what you've been convicted about lately. Me TOO, sister!

Kim said...

Like Dana says, the Roadhouse is only out west now. They used to be all over. I could totally go for some good American bar-b-que right now :-)

I love eggs! We ate a lot of them in Uganda because they were very available and easy to store (unlike meat which I could only get in Kampala and we weren't able to fit much into our teeny tiny freezer). I'm a huge fan of creamed eggs over toast for a quick, easy, inexpensive dinner. Will look forward to your sharing some of the recipes from your book!

Have a wonderful week niece :-)

Darla said...

we have a roadhouse an hour from us in either direction...didn't know they were closing any of them. i love the photo of your bible and hot drink, reminds me of what i need to be doing right now! thanks.

riTa Koch said...

Hi, Lizzie:
Love the mug with heart handle.
Great goals.
Good photos and comments.
Will you accept the Happy 101 award?
Check back tomorrow.

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Darla... I am so glad you left a comment because it looks like you may be the only person with a Roadhouse Grill close to you... I will wait a few more days and then contact you about getting these coupons to you...
Kathy and Lori... I pray this book is as encouraging and challenging for you as it is for me!
Aunt Rita... I will gladly accept the Happy 101 award... thanks so much!

Tori said...

You had such a productive week! Blessings to you for being real about doing God's work! We all get in our ruts sometime. I pray that He blesses the time you are spending with Him and that you will experience a deeper relationship with him!
Blessings!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...