Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sisters

Today I want to share how grateful I am for sisters. Some of you who know me very well may be thinking she only has one sister and I would have to agree that I only have one earthly sister (who may I add is the best sister in the world!) but my spiritual family is filled with many sisters.

Throughout my life I have had many different sisters who have touched my heart.

This week I want to focus on one in particular ~ Audrey.

Audrey invited me to go to a Bible study later this week. She came over yesterday to show me the book, talk to me about how the intro week went and get me up to speed so I would be ready for this week's meeting.

Her enthusiasm got me moving. Mike and I went to the Family Christian book store last night and bought the workbook, Stepping Up by Beth Moore, so I could do my homework before the Bible study on Thursday.

As I started reading through the pages I was just filled with the realization that this is exactly what I need in my life right now. In some ways 2009 was a really tough year for me and I look forward to 2010 as God molds me and uses me to His glory.

I must say that if it weren't for Audrey thinking of me and inviting me to join her in this Bible study my outlook today would have been a much different one.

Thank you Lord for sisters in Christ!
Thanks to Laura @ Heavenly Homemaker for hosting Gratituesday. Now go over to her blog because today she has a $100 Visa gift card giveaway. Check it out, you wont want to miss it!

1 comment:

sara said...

you are going to LOVE that study. I just did it in the fall...one of my favorites!!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...