Monday, January 18, 2010

My Testimony

This past week was revival at our church and God has been convicting me about many areas of my life that I need to work on.

Yesterday God challenged me that I need to be more bold to share my testimony. Today I am taking the first step and sharing my testimony with y'all.

I was born into a Christian family, actually at the time, my parents were missionaries in Argentina. Because of this, I was at church every time the doors were open. My parents read the Bible to me and prayed with me often. Overall I was a good person, however, I was a sinner by nature and a sinner by choice. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

One night (I don't remember exactly how old I was ~ maybe 7) I was watching the movie A Thief in the Night and I remember being so scared. God opened my eyes that night to the realisation that I was a sinner and the price for my sins was death. I was going to be separated from God for eternity. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I started talking to my sister about the fact that I was a sinner, lost and heading to hell. Kathy helped me understand that Jesus Christ died for my sins. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. He was willing to take my place on the cross so that I could go free. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

All I needed to do was believe, repent of my sins and turn my life over to Jesus. Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. That night I prayed for Jesus to forgive me of my sins and to be Lord of my life. Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. By spending time in the Bible and praying, my relationship with the Lord has grown deeper but the more I learn, the more I realize how much I still need to learn.

I rejoice in this precious promise from God, Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


If Christ returns today, do you know where you will spend eternity?


Don't wait until it's too late to make a decision.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Mark 13:32-37 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cock crowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

1 comment:

Lhoyt said...

The Lord has been convicting me along that line, too. Thanks, Lizzie, for the reminder.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...