Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Random Dozen #4

Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee suggests you watch the video first and then read my answers.

1. How good are you at delaying gratification? I think it just depends on my mood...sometimes I can keep my eye on the prize and not have a problem delaying my gratification... and other times I feel like I just have to have it now!

2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting? lately it's been ice cream... especially after eating a salty meal, I am tempted to eat ice cream....

3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you? 4 ... I hate to answer this question because I will probably be tested on my patience now :-)

4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.? not that I can think of... if anything, I have been disappointed when I have given into something and then later realize that if I have delayed it, I would have probably realized it wasn't worth it and saved myself the disappointment

5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts? depends if the shortcut is a good thing or not... in my work, I try to do my best... shortcuts would be less than my best... but a shortcut when driving... to get me from here to there faster (without hurting anything/anything/ or the end result) than I am totally for it.

6. Which line is hardest to wait in? cruise line...when you are so ready to go on vacation... get on that boat... eat lots of food.... get some rest.... the anticipation... oh I am already so excited for our cruise in May

7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth? no children yet and I am not sure if I would wait or not...I guess I need to talk to Mike about that one

8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly? never really thought about it...I think it is a different kind of patience for each...

9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present? not that I can remember... I like being surprised

10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything? 7 years.... so far... and still waiting... for children that is... My husband and I have been married for 7 years and still no children... but God is faithful and I know His timing is perfect

11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other? depends... sometimes he is... and sometimes I am...

12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.) honestly... I am only familiar with C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx

A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James

4 comments:

achildoftheking said...

Great post Elizabeth. I love the video! ;-)

Mocha with Linda said...

Loved your answers and especially your attitude about waiting for kids.

Kim said...

Absolutely agree about the ice cream! But I'm craving American style ice cream, which isn't as sweet as what we get here. What I wouldn't give for a bowl of butter pecan! :-)

Amen to #4!!!

So you're going on the cruise? Fabulous!

Nel said...

Good answers! Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...