Sunday, March 28, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 13

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Sunday
Mike put his new purchase on the truck window. The rooster and hen we bought at the Flea Market we went to last week. The dog sticker is new too but that one was much harder to find but thanks to a sweet family at our church we got one.
Monday
No, this isn't shredded cheese... it's a bar of soap that... and why did I shred a bar of soap... you guessed it... I made my first batch of laundry soap. Haven't used any yet but I hear it works great. I can't wait to try it because if it really does work well, it is really cheap to make.
Tuesday
Just getting myself ready for Easter next Sunday. I made this one for a special friend and I hope she likes it!
Wednesday
Just a little more spring cleaning going on here... my bathroom cabinet somehow always ends up a mess... so this week we were making a run to Walmart and I decided to buy something to help me get this mess organized.
Before
After
Thursday
A dear friend of mine was coming over so I made these delicious little treats... more on this later this week... sad to say my friend never made it over here but these are in the freezer waiting for her visit next week.
Friday
One of my new projects is coming up with some wedding invite examples. This one here is what I started to make for a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding. This was just the beginning but I later found out the colors are wrong, so back to the drawing board I go!
Saturday
Mike worked real hard all morning... cutting trees, loading and stacking wood... I think Betsy wanted to help him... or maybe she was overseeing his work :-)
Now I am heading on over to Sara's blog to read how everyone else's week went.

14 comments:

sara said...

i have heard of lots of people making detergent....I will be curious to see how you like it!

your cards are always so beautiful!!!

will you come organize my cabinet? ..please?!

great week!

Tori said...

Totally curious about the laundry soap. Let me know how it works!!
Great job on your cabinet! I have a few you can help me with if you would like. :)
More beautiful cards...you do such a great job!
Have a super week!!

The Davidson Den said...

I make my own detergent, too. Mine's a little different, though. You should check out my post about it.

Whatever that treat is, it looks like something I'd grab right up and scarf down! Yum!

Kim said...

Let us know how the homemade laundry soap works out!
Pretty cards, wonderful job of organizing your cupboards, and yummy looking dessert (ice cream in the middle?).
I'm pretty sure Betsy was supervising :-)

The Bug said...

I could go for that treat right now! Yum! Ooo - and maybe some on a CHOCOLATE graham cracker. I'll bet I can do that my own self, can't I?

Rebecca Jo said...

What is that treat?!?!? I'm all intrigued... yum!!!!!

Look at how organized! I bet you just smile when you open the cabinet & see it all straight...

Marcy said...

Did you make liquid laundry detergent, or powder? I have made the powder and didn't get my ivory grated small enough. It doesn't dissolve very well. I want to make the liquid sometime. Let me know how yours turns out. I have a friend that makes the powder and loves it.

Marcy

Amy said...

I love all your paper crafts. I love doing that too, just no time at the moment. I am thinking of making my own wedding invites...low key small family only wedding. I do think Betsy wanted to help...she is precious.

RaD said...

Your cards are beautiful! My friend makes environmentally friendly laundry soap with borax, baking soda (a special kind) and something else I can't remember. I've thought about trying it out because she says it works better than store bought soap and last forever and she only spends about $20.00.

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful cards and Yum to that treat. I have always wanted to make my own laundry soap. Maybe some day. Ugh.

Lori said...

I too am interested in how the soap detergent works. Will let you know about our cruise... where are you going to? We are doing the eastern caribean with stops at Princess Cay, St. Martaan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. Looking forward to the family time! Have a great week!

riTa Koch said...

Hmmmm, yummy treats, great organization, beautiful cards, laundry soap...You'll just have to come and visit!

Michelle said...

homemade laundry soap, really? You'll have to tell me how it went! I just love organized spaces, just not very good at getting or keeping them that way!!

H-Mama said...

I'm also curious about the laundry soap! Keep us posted. ;)

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...