Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Dozen #10

This week Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee had a St. Patrick's Day theme to the Random Dozen.

1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly? not at all... I don't even know very many superstitious things to be superstitious about.

2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe? High School... but only by the strength God gave me.

3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging? just depends on the day... some days I enjoy blogging first thing in the morning other days I enjoy getting done the things I need to get done for the day before I start blogging.

4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for? No... Mike is a very organized guy and he keeps us on schedule which I really appreciate about him!

5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring? the warmer weather, the colorful flowers, the baby animals...looking forward to it all!

6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day? Most years I have but I don't have anything green on today. I did make lunch and used green plates, bowls and cups... does that count for anything?

7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable? How any mother could hurt her child!

8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live? I guess like a lamb

9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it? I don't know what I would do with an extra hour... I guess at the beginning I would be wise with it but as time went on I would struggle with time management just like I do now some days.

10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold? food

11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day. Light... the electricity that runs through the house and allows us to have light in every room.

12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here and then report your Irish name. Izett Hughes

10 comments:

Joyce said...

I thought the Irish name was fun. I'm with you on the extra hour. I like to think I'd be productive but I'd probably manage to fritter it away : )

Have a nice day!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed stopping by your blog today, what interesting answers. Random Dozen is always fun! Blessings to you and Happy Spring!

Mrs. E said...

Izett is such a fun name!! And I am soooo with you on #7. Child abuse horrifies me.

Mom24 said...

Great answers. I thought the same thing about the extra hour, at first I'd have all kinds of plans, but sooner or later I'd end up wasting it just like I do now. :)

Beverly said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog. I so enjoy reading these questions and getting to know other people. You're the 3rd person to list electricity on #11. I agree wholeheartedly! We have a generator and my husband wants to fire it up if the power's been out over 5 min!

Thena said...

I agree with you I can't wait for warmer weather. This winter has been really cold. For us to get 3 inches of snow was just amazing. I see your also from Georgia. Im in South Georgia near Statesboro.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Izett Hughes, that seems different then most of the ones I have read today. Food, you just wished for food at the end of your rainbow?
Thanks for stopping over today. I love reading on Random Dozen day!

Kathy said...

I like the way that we both mentioned wanting food in our pots! Great minds...LOL

Kathy said...

I like the way that we both mentioned wanting food in our pots! Great minds...LOL

Jill said...

Great answers, especially on #9 and #11. Thanks, Izett! : )

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...