Sunday, March 7, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 10

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Monday
I am still working through the egg cookbook my SIL gave me last year. I made Coconut Curried Eggs...it was good but not something I would make often. It was interesting eating hard boiled eggs with rice.

Tuesday
After a long day of fun, friends, coupons and shopping I made these mudballs...yummy

Wednesday
We let the chickens out 3 or 4 times this week and they are getting really comfortable roaming around the yard. When I walked out into the back yard I noticed the chickens dusting themselves. They create dips in the ground and lay in it and fluff around and get dust all over themselves.

Thursday
I tried Tammy's Creamy Potato Soup and it was delicious. I served it a little differently than suggested. I toasted some bread, tore it up in a bowl and then put the soup over the toast. I sprinkled some cheese on top and served it. This is definitely a do again!

Friday
I had a great day... Woke up early and got some grocery shopping done and then I went to a local coffee shop to finally meet a bloggy friend. It was so wonderful meeting Allison. She writes an awesome blog called "Pieces of Me". I look forward to getting together more often and getting to know her more. I am bummed however because after she left I realized I didn't get a picture to post for the day. While I was in the kitchen working on making lunch I realized that we bought 2 different kinds of bananas... I thought it was strange and funny because I never realized there were different brands.

Saturday
I really tried to focus on getting some Easter cards posted on my Etsy store. I have others still to post and I have some decorated lunch tins that I want to post also. I just always have such a hard time getting all the wording together to describe each item I post. This is one of my favorite cards. I love how the whole thing turned out.

Sunday
We have had Mike's daughter and her husband visiting us (more pictures and details to come later) It has been great getting to know them better and watching them grow together. They are celebrating their 1 year anniversary today and we pray they may have many more happy years together. Happy Anniversary Andrew and Brittany!

It's that time again to head on over to Sara's and see how everyone else is doing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be trying the potato soup! Yummy! Can't wait!

Looks like you had a wonderful week! Can't wait to see you Tuesday.

Oh....Tim and I and all the kids hit Publix this week to get groceries for his mom and family. Our "lady" cashier opened a lane for us. She was wonderful as ever! LOL...she now understands our coupon trips! LOL!

Tori said...

What is a mudball? You had a busy food week....looks yummy!
I LOVE the card! Of course the message is even better!
Have a super week!!

sara said...

the eggs reminded me of my favorite dish my mom made growing up...creamed eggs on toast..yum!!

you were the foodie this week!!!

it is always fun meeting another blogger!!

Skoots1moM said...

those mudballs look interesting, too

Robin Lambright said...

An Egg cookbook, how great is that! I love eggs any way and how!

That soup looked yummy!

Have a great week.
Blessings
R

riTa Koch said...

I liked the dusting hens ;)
And your step-kids look very happy :)

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...