Thursday, December 27, 2012

JOY

I've been thinking of what my focus, plans and goals will be for 2013.  God's been teaching me that true joy comes when my priorities and focus are on the right things.  
When I was in middle school we had a guest speaker at chapel and several things he mentioned I wrote in the front of my Bible.  One of the things I wrote down was:

   Jesus
    Others
You


I have learned that when my focus is upside down and my eyes are on me and my circumstances the joy in my life fades away.

This coming year I want to be more intentional about focusing on others, showing love and blessing others.

Matthew 22:37-39 ~ Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Mark 12:30-31 ~ And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.  The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'  There is no other commandment greater than these..

John 13:34-35 ~ A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 comment:

Lhoyt said...

I'm asking the Lord exactly how this works out in my life. Not clear yet what the answer is.
Thanks for the reminder.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...