Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Curried Chicken Salad Cups

I tried this great recipe out of my August/September Taste of Home magazine... although I really adjusted the recipe to fit what I had but it was delicious so I wanted to share it with you.

Curried Chicken Salad Cups
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 cup dried cranberries
2 celery ribs, sliced
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped tart apple
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup flaked coconut
Dressing:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
14 lettuce leaves

In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, fennel seed, curry, honey, and cinnamon; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield:7 servings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay- I just spent the last 2 hours reading all of your blogs with tears and laughter.... I cannot believe my little sister has grown up so much. You have inspired me in many ways... Thank you! I wish I would have known sooner about this blog!!!! HINT HINT HINT ;-) Okay I guess that you are forgiven this time. I will be checking frequently from now on... I truly have enjoyed everything you have to say. Miss you and sure enjoyed seeing you a few weeks ago. Wish it would have been longer but I treasured the time we had together!
Miss you and love you!
Kathy (the best oldest sister you have)

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I am so sorry Kathy that I didnt let you know...honestly I thought I had...I too enjoyed our time together and look forward to seeing you again in a few months for our cruise :-)
Love you,
Lizzie
PS of course you are the best sister I ever had

riTa Koch said...

I tried this recipe today. Wonderful!
I too am a newcomer to the world of blogs and have enjoyed catching up on yours and Kim's and writing my own. I'm hooked now!
And, YES, it sure was good to be together, briefly tho' it was.
Aunt Rita

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...