Sunday, August 31, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
The girls are coloring their grandparents card.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
God has been merciful to us and has given us rain the last 2 days. Everything is bursting with life and looks so much greener.
Mike was sitting at his desk working and he looked outside and saw this beautiful waterfall/stream.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
These apple treats are delicious but I am not sure I would call them apple dumplings. My Mom makes the best apple dumplings and of course they are nothing like this recipe.
The top is flaky, the bottom is soft and yummy, but for me it was really rich. I don't think I will make this treat too often since it's full of butter and sugar and we just don't need all of that.
Note: My favorite was the top flaky part...oh so good!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
6 onion rolls
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Thursday, August 14, 2008
We were so hungry and it tasted so good I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the sandwich, but there are plenty of pictures on The Pioneer Woman site.
2 to 3 pounds cube steak (tenderized round steak that’s been extra-tenderized)
1 large onion OR 2 small/medium onions
4 French/Deli rolls
Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
-Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
-Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry’s.
-Heat 2 TBSP butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown.
-Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
-Add 1/2 (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 TBSP butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
-Butter halved French rolls and brown on skillet.
-To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!
Thanks so much Pioneer Woman for sharing all your delicious recipes with us!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
I wanted to wait to get my hair cut until it was long enough for me to donate to Locks of Love. Of course Mike wanted to make sure I had enough hair left that I would still have some hair :-) After she styled it the back got shorter but I can still put the sides up in a pony tail so that I am happy.
Friday, August 8, 2008
1 - Eight things I am thankful for:
- I am a child of the King
- My wonderful loving husband
- God's Grace
- Godly parents and grandparents
- Family and Friends
- He's still working on me and will be faithful to complete His work in me
- Many daily blessings from God
- The rain we got last night
2 - Eight Prayer Requests:
- Military men/women and their families
- Missionaries - Sermons, Gates, Wheeler, Ropp, Ellison, Uncle Ivan and Aunt Kim
- Whispering Hope Ministry - salvation of young ladies and birth commitments
- God would bless us with a baby
- Jail ministry - salvation, repentance
- Assisted Living Ministry - salvation before it's too late
- Sale of homes - Bill, Roberson, Gray, Jeffries
- God's wisdom for Mike as the head of the house
3 - Eight things to accomplish today:
- Quiet time with the Lord
- Play ball with Betsy
- Clean bathrooms
- Make 8 new cards
- Read a chapter of my organization book
- Clean out fridge
- Work on new zizziecards website
- Get shopping list and coupons ready for tomorrow
4 - Eight names of God:
- Alpha and Omega
- Jehovah Jireh
- El Shaddai
- I AM
- El Elyon
5 - Eight books I've read:
- The Bible
- Bittersweet by Cathy Marie Hake
- Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl
- Heritage of Lancaster County series by Beverly Lewis
- Annie's People by Beverly Lewis
- Daughter's of Lancaster County by Wanda E. Brunstetter
- Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- Journey of the Heart by Jeannie Castleberry
6 - Eight Favorite Foods:
- Mom's chocolate/peanut butter dessert
- Grandma's caramel popcorn
- Corn on the cob
- Candied sweet potatoes
- Shoofly Pie
- Red and Yellow bell peppers
7 - Eight Favorite things to do:
- Spend time with Mike
- Go to a park
- Watch the snow fall
- Spend time with family
- Take pictures
- Make cards
- Go for a walk
8 - Eight Favorite Bible verses:
- John 3:16
- Philippians 4:13
- Philippians 3:13-14
- Ephesians 2:8-9
- James 1:17
- Psalm 27:1
- Philippians 4:8
- I Corinthians 13:4
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Yesterday I found myself going from one blog to another. I was either reading a post which had a link for another blog or I would look at the links on the side of the blog and click on another blog link to see if I could find anything interesting.
Goal Setting - Why are goals necessary?
- Without Goals things that don't matter in the long run take over your life
- Goal setting saves time
- Goal setting can help solve problems
- Make the goal specific
- List your goal activities (main goal, subgoal, minigoal)
- Establish the order in which subgoals will be worked
- What resources do you need
- Give yourself a deadline
- Be flexible if something major comes up
- Be enthusiastic about working and completing your goal
- Reward yourself when you have met your goal
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
"How is it that you are always so happy?
You have so much energy,
and you never seem to get down."
With her eyes smiling, she said,
"I know the Secret!"
"What secret is that?"
To which she replied,
"I'll tell you all about it,
but you have to promise to
share the Secret with others."
"The Secret is this:
I have learned there is little I can do
in my life that will make me truly happy.
I must depend on God to make
me happy and to meet my needs.
When a need arises in my life,
I have to trust God to supply
according to HIS riches.
I have learned most of the time
I don't need half of what I think I do.
He has never let me down.
Since I learned that 'Secret', I am happy."
The questioner's first thought was,
"That's too simple!"
But upon reflecting over her own life
she recalled how she thought a bigger house
would make her happy, but it didn't!
She thought a better paying job
would make her happy, but it hadn't.
When did she realize her greatest happiness?
Sitting on the floor with her grandchildren,
playing games, eating pizza or reading a story,
a simple gift from God.
Now you know it too!
We can't depend on people to make us happy.
Only GOD in His infinite wisdom can do that.
And now I pass the Secret on to you!
So once you get it, what will you do?
YOU have to tell someone the Secret, too!
That GOD in His wisdom will take care of YOU!
But it's not really a secret...
We just have to believe it and do it...
Really trust God!
Curried Chicken Salad Cups
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 cup dried cranberries
2 celery ribs, sliced
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped tart apple
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup flaked coconut
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
14 lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, fennel seed, curry, honey, and cinnamon; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield:7 servings
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
The first one (flower background) is for Grandma Dot. She has been away visiting her children in South Carolina. I just wanted to remind her that we are thinking of her and we miss her. She is a great blessing to our church.
The second card (heart background) is for the Burrell family. We haven't seen them at church in a while and I wanted to let them know we are praying for them.
Monday, August 4, 2008
A friend of the family made this cake for Grandma's birthdayGrandma still plays the organ at church
Mom looking through a photo album Aunt Rita brought with her
Uncle Mike and Kayla looking through a calendar that Aunt Rita made on SnapFish
We had a wonderful time. Most everyone was able to make the trip. This was a special gathering for several reasons.
2) My Uncle Ivan and Aunt Kim have reached 100% support and will be heading to Argentina as missionaries in mid-August
3) We don't know when the next time we will all be together.
I want to thank everyone who stopped by and looked at my blog and posted a comment. I was overwhelmed by the great response. My goal for the next Bloggy Giveaway is to have my http://www.zizziecards.com/ site finished with it's new look and then I can give away several prizes. See you all in October.