Friday, August 19, 2011

God is so Good!

After posting about my chicken idea I received an email that Mike's coworkers were interested in doing something in honor of Mike. Everyone Mike worked with knew he had chickens because he kept an excel spreadsheet with his egg count. Yes, you read that right, Mike had a spreadsheet for the egg count... that is just the kind of guy he was...organized and detailed. Because he loved having chickens so much he enjoyed sharing the spreadsheet with his coworkers. So when they heard about my idea they loved it.

Over 20 chickens will be sent to Asia. Along with the chickens, the gospel will be shared. Praise the Lord! Thank you to all who gave!

For some other wonderful news but on a totally different topic - In 12 days I will be going to Hawaii! A friend is getting married there and Kathy and Paul already had their plans to go. Yesterday I spent the day with the bride to be running errands for the wedding and it really got me thinking. So I asked Kathy to look at prices for me. I thought for sure the prices would be outrages but instead she found an awesome deal for me and Mom to be able to fly out August 30th and stay until September 5th. I can't believe it. Honestly, I am still in shock!

God is sooooo good!

1 comment:

Lhoyt said...

I'm so glad for you and Mom. Where is the wedding, and will you be anywhere near Waipio? My dear friend Dave Mitchell pastored the Waipio Grace Brethren church there for eighteen years, and he loved the area. You can probably see pictures of the area if you look up his FB.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...