Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall 2011 Ladies Retreat

This is the wonderful group of women from our church who I had the privileged to go to a retreat with.  It was great opportunity to get to know each one of them a little better.
 They had some games planned for us to participate in as a church group.
Dress a goat with the shirt and hat.
Knife throwing
 Matchbox car obstacle course
 Such concentration
 We also had craft time and Miss Shirley and Miss Betty were kind enough to make me some pumpkin decorations. 
 Martha decided to to make one also.
 They even had a mechanical bull.  Jen did an awesome job on the bull.  She was a natural!
 Miss Betty didn't ride the bull but she wanted a picture on it.
 Roping time...
 Somehow I got roped into trying.

I love Tammi's expression!
 This is the example of the cake pop we made... mine didn't end up looking anything like this.  I learned that cake pops are much harder to make than I thought.
The Bible study sessions were challenging, encouraging and a blessing to me.  I can't wait for the next retreat.

2 comments:

Lhoyt said...

Sounds fantastic! I hope both you and Kathy get to go the next time.

riTa Koch said...

Thanks for sharing.
"Mejor tarde que nunca." es verdad!
How did card sales go?
I'm close to needing more.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...