Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First Two Travel Days

Our trip started early Sunday morning. We have hotels already planned out for our entire trip so we know each day where and when we are stopping. Our first day was to drive to Memphis. For me when I hear Memphis I think BBQ and Elvis. So we found a local hole in the wall. The food was delicious however we felt like we had to eat fast and leave because we had to illegally park in the McDonald's parking lot next to Corky's because there was no parking at Corky's. After our stomachs were full, we headed to Graceland. We didn't really do any research on it so we didn't know what to expect. We got their 45 minutes before closing...paid $10 for parking and when we asked about touring the house, we found out it cost $30 a person. Wow... that was a shocker... especially since none of us were big Elvis fans. So instead we walked around in the gift shops and took some pictures to prove we made it to Graceland.
Our second day driving took us as far as Oklahoma City. This drive was around 7 hours and when we arrived we were all tired and hungry. We stayed at a Wyndham Garden Hotel and we were impressed. It had a beautiful atrium were we played one game of hand and foot before we decided to go to bed.
We ate lunch/dinner at Kona Ranch Restaurant which was right next to the hotel.
The food was delicious. I had to take a picture of the coconut shrimp because I thought it was so cool how they put the K in the sauce.
Thank you all for praying for us as we travel. God has blessed us with little traffic and beautiful weather.

3 comments:

sara said...

I wish I had known when you were coming this way (little rock)! I would have loved for you to stop so I could give you a hug!!!

Lhoyt said...

I could eat some of that coconut shrimp right now, and I just finished eating supper! Looks delicious, even without the K.
I do hope you got a lot of pix.

Kathy said...

The trip was an awesome one... I am SO happy that we ALL were able to do this. I have enjoyed making all the memories.
Love ya.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...