Saturday, October 16, 2010

Gold Rush Days

Since I don't like to drive (although I have been driving for the past few weeks) Kathy and Aunt Judy flew in to help me make the cross country trip to Las Vegas. Mom and I took the MARTA down to meet them at the airport. Let me just tell you, when we all get together there is never a dull moment... we are constantly laughing and enjoying life.
Aunt Judy is really enjoying driving the truck. I don't think Kathy is going to have a chance to drive it during this trip.Our first stop was to go to Canton to show Kathy and Aunt Judy the cemetery where Mike's ashes are.I also wanted to get a picture of the engraving on the marble. Saturday morning we got ready to go to Gold Rush Days in Dahlonega... of course we had to wear the matching shirts that Kathy got us.
I was too busy shopping to remember to take pictures so the only one I ended up taking was this one of all the Mr and Mrs Gold Rush contestants. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed walking around so much that we ended up buying more stuff than we ever planned to. To solve that problem we went to Walmart and bought a container to put everything in and strap it in the back while we travel cross country. Since the container was empty and we didn't want it to fly away while we drove to the hotel, we tried to stuff it in the back seat where Mom and I were sitting. Lets just say that didn't work too well. I had to snap the picture though because of course it made us all laugh to see how Mom ended up sitting to get the container to fit it.
On a serious note, I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family who is always willing to sacrifice for each other. I love how closely knit my family is. Thank you God for each one of them!
Tomorrow morning we start our cross country trip to move me to Las Vegas. Please pray for safety as we are on the road.

3 comments:

sara said...

ok, that picture of your mom is hilarious!!!

I didn't know you were moving to Las Vegas. Were you able to sell your house? I am praying for your trip and your adjustment to a new place.

riTa Koch said...

Safe travel and happy settling.
Blessings!

Lhoyt said...

So nice to see all four of you enjoying yourselves so much. Get lots of pictures, especially when you see any historical sights or sites.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...