Thursday, July 19, 2012

Missions Trip Update & What's Next For Me


First of all I want to say that my heart and mind are full of thoughts and things that I want to share but I am not the best at putting into words what I am thinking or feeling, so if I ramble on or I'm just all over the place when I am writing this please forgive me.

Ever since I was a little girl all I wanted to be was a wife and mother.  I loved the idea of taking care of my husband, children and my home.  Since Mike and I were never blessed with children, I poured myself into being a wife and taking care of our home and I LOVED it.  So when Mike passed away my world was turned upside down.  That is when God started changing my heart.  Little by little as time went on God put a desire for missions on my heart. 

If you know me well you know I am a shy person and I'm a worker not a leader.  I heard about Good Goers and after much prayer I signed up to go to New Mexico.  I'm sure some people couldn't believe I would do this alone and to be honest I had no idea what I was really getting into.  I didn't have very many details about the trip but I knew God would take care of me.

This missions trip was last week and all I can say is this missions trip to Pinedale NM was just what I needed.  It was a huge step out of my comfort zone which made me rely fully on God.  
It was a great reminder to me of just how blessed I am.  Blessed not only with many "things" but also blessed with a wonderful family.  Family who loves the Lord and who is there for me no matter what I need. 

I was also reminded of how MANY people out there are in need.  In need of the Savior, in need of a helping hand, in need of love. 

I had the privilege to work along side some amazing people and we got to show God's love to a family of 5 siblings who lost their mother last winter and whose father has never been in their lives.  Be praying for this family as they work hard to take care of each other.  Pray for their salvation.  I did find out from the Pastor that they showed up to church this past Sunday which was an answer to prayer.

Pray for me as I figure out where God wants me next.  Right now my desire is to go back to Pinedale NM next year for another week of working with the Navajo people but I don't know what to do between now and then.  Please pray for God to give me wisdom and a clear plan for my life.

I'll share photos from my trip tomorrow but right now I just want thank you all who supported me both financially and through prayer.  I greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...