Friday, May 7, 2010

Goals for 2010 ~ Update

Hard to believe we are almost half way through the year. It's time to look back at my goals for this year and make sure I am on track.

Family Goals:

  • Stay in closer contact with family and friends ~ made calls, mailed cards and emailed but still think I can do better
  • Create a photo prayer journal ~ I got some pictures printed but still haven't put this together
  • Declutter the house...get rid of things we don't use and organize the things we do use ~ I have decluttered 358 items from the house and am still working on more. I am looking for a very well organized home as a result.

Homemaking Goals:

  • Try one new recipe a week ~ I got a little off track with this goal but if you have any good, healthy recipes to share with me I would love to try them.

Financial Goals:

  • Save 3 to 6 months expenses in savings ~ Mike is still on track
  • Pay at least $5,000 extra on our mortgage ~ I am going to look into switching to a 15 year mortgage

Personal Goals:

  • Comment more on others blogs ~ trying to figure out time management on this one
  • Participate more on blog activities that promote networking ~ completed a few Random Dozen, Friday Fill-Ins and Then Sings My Soul Saturday but I really want to get more involved with card challenges and other things

Spiritual Goals:

  • A time of prayer each night before going to sleep ~ need to get back into the habit of doing this.
  • Pray more frequently for our missionaries ~ started Missions Monday as a way of reminding me to pray for our missionaries
  • Go through the Bible on CD ~ on track

Crafting Goals:

  • Use one new stamp set per month to make cards ~ I have been spending lots of my time making cards and I have really enjoyed it
  • Complete one card challenge per month ~ ouch... haven't done this one at all.
  • Make 25 cards per month ~ on track
  • Post one item on Etsy per month ~ another ouch... and this one really hurts because how will people buy items from me if I don't have them posted... so I need to definitely work on this one.
  • Have 1 stamp class per Quarter ~ had a class right after Easter... haven't planned another one yet but will be planning one probably in July

Books to Read:

  • Bible ~going through James right now...not sure which book I will focus on next, maybe Ruth
  • Stepping Up by Beth Moore ~ done
  • The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyer ~ I am on chapter 9... taking it slow so I can focus and meditate on what I read

1 comment:

Jenny wren's nest said...

wow, awesome goals, and so organised, you may have inspired me to make a list.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...