Sunday, May 9, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 19

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Monday
I spent most of this week working on cards. I've been feeling really crafty lately and once I get back from my cruise I hope to put some of these cards on my Etsy store.

Tuesday
I made empanadas stuffed with left over pot roast. This was the first time I baked them and even though I think fried empanadas taste better, the baked ones weren't too bad. I also made some dessert empanadas stuffed with homemade apple pie filling. Yummy!
Wednesday
Made a few birthday cards to add to the pile of cards to post on Etsy

Thursday
These are the first strawberries I've gotten from my garden... Mike says I cheated because the plant I bought already had some strawberries on it so I just had to wait for them to grow alittle and then ripen. These were so juicy and delicious I can't wait to get more.

Friday
Mike and I went downtown to eat and walk the square when we heard some music. We stopped and listened for a while. The local group was called Emerald Rose. We had a great night and plan on doing it again soon!

Saturday
My sweet, kind, giving, and loving sister sent me this adorable apron and book. Thanks Kathy for always thinking of me!
Sunday
Mike took me to Mimi's Cafe as a surprise. We had a fabulous meal and wonderful time together. I have to say their Banana Chocolate Chip muffin is the best muffin I have had in a long time!

Now I am heading on over to Sara's blog to read how everyone else's week went.

13 comments:

riTa Koch said...

Fun week, Lizzie!
Beautiful cards!
I MUST begin to think ahead and order some for special occasions and special people in my life.

Mary said...

Cards: Really pretty!
Empanadas: They look much better than mine did before I messed them up in the deep fryer!
Music: Isn't it great to run into a nice surprise like that?
Muffin: YUM!

Tori said...

More gorgeous cards! Any luck at the shop you are selling them at?
Your empanadas look yummy and hooray for nights out and fun gifts from sisters! The strawberries and muffin look great too!
Have a super week!

McCrakensx4 said...

Fun and productive week...love the cards! OH those strawberries and empanadas look oh so very yummy! And love the apron! Have a great week!

sara said...

yea for the cruise!!! I am going on one with my parents in 3 weeks too!!

your empanadas looks so good!! what did you use for the pastry?

great week!

Lori said...

Thinking anyone would love a card made by you! They are gorgeous! I bet you can't wait for your cruise... I know when we went the excitement just kept building. Looking forward to lots of photos...

Robin Lambright said...

If you dug a hole and stuck that strawberry plant in it and then watered and and took care of it then you planted it baby!

Looks super yummy. I don't have strawberries in my garden. Hmmm, maybe next year!

R

Kim said...

Lovely cards! That's such a sweet apron that Kathy sent. Here we can buy empanada dough, of course, and they have different kinds for frying and for baking. Once I made the mistake of buying the frying kind when I wanted to bake them. Didn't turn out so good :-( LOL
Luuuuuuuurve strawberries! Those look yummy!
Have a great week :-)

EstarellasFamily said...

Wow....I'm confused though, Michael allowed you to grow STRAWBERRIES on your property? I'm shocked!
Just kidding, he does it because he loves you that much!

Angie said...

Beautiful cards and yummy looking food! I love Mimi's raisin carrot bread. Heavenly! Have you had their corn chowder? That's divine too.

Thanks for sharing your week with us!

Karen said...

Enjoyed the recap of your week...

Lavonda Pflug said...

Wow, those cards are very pretty! You do wonderful work. And yeah that muffin makes me hungry! :)
Enjoyed your pics and your blog.

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

Super jealous that you own that book!!!! It's on my wish list! :)

Love the apron and I think I need the recipe for the empanadas. YUMMY!!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...