Sunday, May 2, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 18

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Another week flew by which means another week closer to going on our cruise. I can't believe it's now less than 2 weeks away... but right now, it's time to recall and share with y'all what I did this week.
Monday
My friend who was in the hospital last week is now home...but she still has to take it easy so I spent the day with her...it was a great day and I got to see all her beautiful paintings... she is so talented. I am trying to encourage her to get back into painting. Look at these pictures and tell me if you agree.
Tuesday
This week I focused on the "Eat Cake" stamp set... this is one of the cards I made with that set.
Wednesday
The last Wednesday of each month is nursing home ministry. Tonight all the girls decided to squeeze together and all sit on the couch. It was too cute!
Thursday
The girls who I have over for card classes usually make me a thank you card...they are always really sweet... this card came from one of the girls and although the card isn't handmade she did make me this very cool flower bookmark. I love it!
Friday
I had a doctor's appointment so Mike took a half day... this gave us a chance to have a movie night. Time together + Free movie and popcorn = Wonderful night!
Saturday
Last month I was contacted by Susan the owner of the Pepperberry flower shop in Alpharetta. She has offered to sell my cards, decorated tins and frames at her shop. Mike and I took a trip down to Alpharetta and dropped off a bunch of stuff. Please pray that this opportunity works out for both of us.
Now I am heading on over to Sara's blog to read how everyone else's week went.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

A nursing home ministry is such a great idea. We have visited ours a few times and the residents just love children so much. God Bless

RaD said...

Yes, those paintings are pretty good. Your cards are good too. I hope you and the other lady came to an agreement that works for both of you, because your cards are good!

Have a great week!

McCrakensx4 said...

I really like that birthday card you made...so cute! And good luck with selling your stuff at the fowershop...what a great oppertunity!

He & Me + 3 said...

That would be awesome if it did work out for you. Your cards are beautiful.
Love movie night with hubs. What did you see?
Our church does nursing home ministry too. Cute picture.

sara said...

your friend is a very good artist!!!

what a neat thing for these girls to do....I love that!

so fun to see a free movie...what did ya'll see...anything good?

Tori said...

Your cruise will be here so quick!
Your friend is a talented painter.
What movie did you see?
So glad you have an avenue to market your beautiful creations! Prayerfully it will work out!!
Have a super week!!

The Bug said...

Oh I hope the card thing works out - you're so talented!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...