Thursday, September 4, 2008

What do you collect?

Update - Mike and I also collect coke points. We have been able to enjoy a few date nights for free because of coke points so to us it's worth collecting.

I started collecting Precious Moments when I was about 10 years old because the figurines were so cute and I loved the little sayings that came with each one. Most of my Precious Moments were birthday gifts. A few years ago Mike was sweet enough to inventory all my Precious Moments figurines.
Note to self: Update inventory list and clean/dust each figurine.

Around ten years ago I was at my grandparents house and I saw some PA and Alaska license plates. I thought it would be really cool to start collecting license plates and hang them up in my garage. So far I have 51 license plates, although most of them are from Florida.
Note to self: Work on getting at least one license plate from each state.

Mike collects the state quarters that started coming out in 1999. This is the last year of new quarters coming out. I really want to focus on getting his books completed. He has 2 books and they each hold 2 quarters for each of the 50 states - one for each mint (D and P)
Note to self: Find the quarters Mike is still missing.
Updated 12/9 - All books holding the state quarters are now complete thanks to you all!

I am thinking of starting a new collection. This one will be lots of fun. I want to make a recipe book of family favorite recipes... my family, your family, all favorite recipes. Anyone care to share a delicious recipe with me? I already have a list started of recipes I want to get from my mother. She and my grandmother are awesome cooks.
Note to self: Get recipe from Mom for caramel popcorn, chicken corn soup, chicken pot pie, ham chowder, easy pie crust
Updated 12/9 - As a Christmas gift my Mom gave us all books with family recipes, something to treasure forever!
I decided to create a cookbook of recipes from the ladies at our church. I am happy to report that this project is now done also! PTL!

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...