Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Give Thanks

My sister Kathy is blogging daily what she is thankful for. I thought this was a GREAT idea. God tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 that we should give thanks in EVERY thing. It is so easy to focus on the negative but that isn't what we are suppose to be doing. We take so many things for granted. Our lives are so full of blessings from God and yet we don't take the time to thank Him.

This morning as I woke up I realized how blessed I am to be healthy.
  • I don't have to take any medication.
  • My body isn't in physical pain all day long.
  • I can breathe without any discomfort or machines.
  • I can see and hear the world around me.

Leave a comment and share what you are thankful for today.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so thankful for God's protection over us daily. Today in the news they said that they found a charred car with 2 bodies in the car- This all within walking distance of our house! This made me realize how THANKFUL I am that God is protecting us daily.

Kim said...

For the amazing hubby God gave me! And I'm not just saying that 'cause he's related to you :-) He's such a special man...he loves God and seeks to serve and glorify Him with all he does. He shows his love for me in so many ways that I can't begin to list them all. I'm just really thankful that God brought him into my life!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I totally agree with both of you... God keeps us safe so many times and we don't even realize it. I have gotten to the point now when we drive and see an accident that I pray for those who got in the accident, both for their spiritual and their physical health.
Our husbands... I think we are all thankful for the husbands we have... God sure has blessed us!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...