Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I don't know how far he will travel but it's worth a call.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
My total savings was $42.50, my out of pocket expense was $6.91
So here is what I got:
- 8 boxes of Barilla pasta (with coupon ended up being 10 cents a box)
- 8 boxes of Zatarain's rice mixes (I don't normally buy this but its good to donate or to use at church functions)
- 4 Sundown vitamin bottles (coupon from magazine in front of store)
- 2 Wishbone salad dressings
- 3 Publix Apple Juice (this was the one cent item although they would only give me 1 for a penny, I had to buy the others to bring my total up to $35 so I could use the $5 coupon I had)
- $5 off $35 coupon
I was in a hurry so I did forget to stop by the frozen isle and get my Lenders bagels... they are on sale buy one get one free and I have a $1 coupon when you buy 2. I may try and take advantage of that tonight since we will be going out to help the Crisis Pregnancy center move to their new location. We shall see how it all works out.
Note to all Publix shoppers: There is a blinkie machine in the sour cream/cottage cheese area of the store for 50 cents off any Friendship product. Regular price of Friendship sour cream is $1.69. The 50 cent coupon will double to $1 so you can get sour cream for 69 cents which is a much better price than even the store brand. Happy Shopping!
I have been wanting to print off scripture verses to hang up throughout the house. I thought this would be a great way to read the verses daily and eventually memorize them.
I started in my spare bathroom. I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some really pretty frames (FYI - Hobby Lobby normally has all their frames 50% off)
Here is one of the four I made. The other 3 have the following verses: Philippians 4:8, Ephesians 2:8-9 and James 1:17.
Monday, June 23, 2008
I got the idea after I finished eating my yummy Wasabi & Soy Sauce Blue Diamond almonds. I washed out the container and thought it would make a great little treat holder that I could decorate. I took some scrapbook design paper, ribbon, stamps, punches, ink and tape and went to work.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
I saved $44.05 and spent out of pocket $11.04
- 3 cream cheese 8oz tubs (I had coupons to get them for free)
- Gallon of milk
- 2 Friendship Sour Cream (there was a blinkie machine with a coupon)
- 6 bags of Dole salad blends (coupon in magazine on rack in front of store)
- Hebrew National hot dogs (coupon from the Home Depot booklet special)
- 4 Sundown vitamins (coupon in magazine on rack in front of store)
I also had a $5 coupon that was in the Publix ad 2 weeks ago.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
It was a great trip. God gave us safety while we traveled. We had wonderful weather and good clear roads; couldn't have asked for anything more.
Aunt Judy, Grandpa and Rachel playing Seven Up and Seven Down
Rachel got almost everyone to color.
We had a contest to see who colored the best
Grandma making the dough for her delicious Chicken and Dumplings
Aunt Bev always ends up cutting hair ~ Uncle Skip, Grandpa and Philip all got their hair cut
Roz showing Grandma her photo albums
My total saved was $89.37 and my total out of pocket cost was $29.58. I could have done better but I bought some items not on sale and I bought some items on sale but with no coupon.
So here is what I got:
- 6 Wanchai Ferry Chinese Dinner Kits
- 2 bags of OreIda potatoes (not on sale but I had a coupon)
- 4 bags Dole salad blends
- 8 bottles of Ken's salad dressings
- 4 6-packs of IBC bottled root beer (I love soda in a glass bottle and it was on sale B1G1 so I got some to have for the 4th of July)
- 4 bottles of Glass Plus cleaner
- 1 Shaving Gel
- 2 bags of Milky Way Miniatures
- 4 bags of Ginger Snaps (this was the 1 cent item)
I will try to make next time an even better savings deal :-) That is always my goal and challenge to myself.