A Heart That Seeks First Things First
Psalm 63:1 ~ O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is
- God makes His will known as we read His Word, pray and seek counsel.
- God's grace is always sufficient to the task (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)!
- In fact, He has already given you everything you need to live your life in full godliness (2 Peter 1:3)
- And you can do all things --you can be a woman after His heart--through the strength of Jesus (Philippians 4:13)
A Word About Priorities
- Loving God and following after Him with a whole heart
- Loving, helping and serving my husband
- Loving and teaching my children
- Loving and caring for my home in order to provide a quality life for my family
- Developing myself so that I have something to give to others
- Loving and serving God's people
Knowing what your priorities are -- and choosing to wear the right hat at the right time-- keeps you fully focused on the most important thing at hand at any given minute.
These priorities are offered to you not as a rigid guideline but to help you gain greater control over your life through knowledge, skills, and motivation as you follow after God.
A Word About Choices
- The choices we make are key to the priorities we practice.
- What you are today (based on the choices you're making) is what you are becoming.
- You are today what you have been becoming (based on the choices you've already made).
- Our choices, which reflect our priorities, will help us fulfill God's design for our lives.
- Whether you are dealing with the next five minutes, the next hour, tomorrow, or forever, the choices you make make all the difference in the world!
A Word About Others
- What about parents, brothers, sisters, extended family, jobs, friends, neighbors, hobbies, pastimes, social life, etc.
- Simply add those "other" categories to the end of the list of the six priorities you've just looked at because those six don't change.
- Our life situation may change, but God's Word never changes.
- Pray, search scripture and seek wise counsel and God will reveal to you how to prioritize "others"
- He will show you how to be a woman after His heart in every detail of your life!
A Word About Waiting
- As a general principle for practicing your priorities, know that it is safer to wait and do nothing than to rush in and do the wrong thing.
- Proverbs 19:2 ~ Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.
- Wisdom Waits - Choosing to wait rather than acting impulsively is one way to gain or stay in control.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Open my eyes that I may see what my priorities should be right now during this season of my life. May I be a blessing to others and may all I do be glorifying to You.
In Jesus Name,