Sunday, April 26, 2009

Project 365 ~ Week 17

The windows in our house are the perfect height for Betsy to keep an eye on the chickens. Actually, she is probably looking for squirrels. She has gotten really good at finding them as soon as we let her out the door. She runs fast and gets real close to catching the squirrels... one day she just might!This was one of my inside projects this week...getting all my winter clothes packed up and moved to the basement. The bag on top has clothes that don't fit anymore, so they will be given away.
Braden came over this week to teach Mike how to clip the chicken's wings. Mike and I put up extra fencing attached to the chicken run to allow the chickens to do more free ranging.
Here are the chickens enjoying their new found freedom.
The month of May is full of birthdays in my family, so I have been trying to focus on making cards in my spare time.
Of course with Mother's day coming up I didn't want to wait to the last minute for those cards either.
Take the time to check out Sara's blog and see what's happening in the lives of the other participants of Project 365!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great pics, love the chickens! And your cards came out gorgeous :o)

Lisa said...

Wow! Those cards are amazing! And such a good idea to be working on them NOW.

Ah, getting the winter clothes put away and giving some away...such a good feeling! Yay for warmer weather!

sara said...

you must have some wonderful eggs!!

my family birthdays are all in April, so I am breathing a sigh of relief right now!! Love the cards!

hope you have another great week!!

riTa Koch said...

Love the picture of Betsy looking out the window...and the cards!

Becky said...

I can't wait to have chickens. Maybe next year. I didn't know they need their wings clipped.

My mom is a stamping up consultant. Your cards look very well done.

We are not quite ready to put away our warm stuff.

Jackie said...

I am so impressed with your creativity! If I tried to make cards, they would turn out nothing like that. :)

EstarellasFamily said...

Megan absolutely loved her card. She has it on her vanity in her bedroom. You do beautiful work! So with their wings clipped they can't fly away now right?

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Maureen - I am so glad Megan liked her card...
Yes we clipped their wings so they couldnt fly away. The process is really easy to do and all you really do is cut some feathers... the feathers grow back so we will have to do it again. I just dont know how long it will take.

Anonymous said...

I love the 365! I always enjoy seeing what your week was like in pictures.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...