Friday, April 24, 2009

Restoring Order ~ Winter Clothes

I am really thankful I am participating in the Restoring Order challenge. I feel like it keeps me accountable to get some things done around the house. When things are organized it feels so much homier.
This week I decided to go through my closet and pull out the winter clothes. I laid everything on my bed in different piles. I had a pile of summer clothes(that came out of the storage containers) that I needed to hang up, a pile of winter clothes to put in the containers, and a pile of give away clothes that no longer fit me. The piles may not be very noticeable on the bed but there was a method to my madness, I promise.
All my winter clothes got folded up and put in storage containers. I was actually surprised that all the clothes fit in the 2 containers that I had designated from last year. The reason I am so surprised is because Kathy (my wonderful sister) is always buying me clothes, so I really thought I would have a problem fitting it all in. I think one thing that helped is I only put away those items that were heavy duty winter. I have many shirts and skirts that I can use winter or summer. So my closet is well stocked with clothes from my sister. Here is the finished product... 2 containers to put in the basement and I bag of giveaway or garage sale items.
This week I was even able to tackle my coupons. I went through all the coupon booklets I had from January and February and cut out the ones that weren't expired.
If you need some inspiration on getting things done in your home, go to Monica's blog and see what everyone else is doing to restore order in their home and life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Roz: I was trying to at least look at the Reordering Challenge and some how could not get into it.? Of course I am getting some stuff done with packing to move. i would like to see it and use it some now and after we move. Have a great weekend.

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Hey Roz... I will send you an email with the link to the blog post about Restoring Order...
Glad to see you figured out how to leave comments...
Hope you are having a great day!
Love, Lizzie

Anna said...

Great job. I'm about 1/2 way done with switching over our winter clothes. It's always such a nice feeling to have things organized.

Jen said...

I am sure it must gave you a sense of accompishment! I wish I could have winter clothes to put away. We don't have much of a winter here but I am ready to tackle my closet anyway. It is way over due for a switch over. :)

Monica Wilkinson said...

Great job!! Enjoy your weekend - Monica

Rebecca said...

Good job! I always love to pack away the winter clothes and beakout the summer. Thanks for joining in - enjoy the work you've done! :)

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...