Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Created to be His Help Meet ~ 7

Chapter 7 ~ Wisdom, While There is Yet Hope
  • A wise woman is always learning. She is open to change. She is ready to hear. She pursues knowledge.
  • When God gave Eve to Adam, he was giving him a helper, not a conscience.
  • Divorce is never planned, but is almost always preceded by certain avoidable reactive behavior and events. Don't let it happen to you.
  • Make up your mind to be a woman of God, regardless of what your husband bought or how dumb he seemed to be in the way he spent money.
  • He practices his faults, and you practice your bitterness. You are both practicing divorce.
  • Have you forgotten why you were created? Come to Jesus just as you are and say to Him: From this day forth I want to be the help meet you created me to be. He is waiting to forgive and love you. God's way works!
  • James 4:17 ~ Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
  • Luke 6:49 ~ But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
  • II Timothy 1:7 ~ For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
  • What is God's perfect will for your life? To be a good help meet

Time to Consider

  • James 3:11 ~ Doth a foundation send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
  • Make a new habit ~ Think of the thing your husband does that irritates you the most. Now say to yourself, I do not see the whole picture. I do not know what God is doing in my life or my husband's life. My critical attitude is a far graver sin than his bad habits. I am guilty of blaspheming the written Word of God when I do not love and obey my husband. Therefore, I am laying down my campaign against him concerning this issue. And, as far as I am concerned, it is God's business to direct my husband and convict him. I am trusting God!

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...