Monday, December 5, 2011

London

Kathy earned a trip through work so Thanksgiving week Kathy and I headed to London.  We had a fabulous week in London along with one day in Paris.

I loved seeing the flower market on the side of the street.  The flowers were so colorful, vibrant and beautiful!

I thoroughly enjoyed eating fresh bread every day.

Olive sourdough bread was one of the unique breads I tried and it was so good I want to try my hand at making some.



 Our hotel was across the street from the Victoria and Albert Museum so we spent some times inside taking lots of pictures....here is just one.
 They had a winter wonderland set up for Christmas and I noticed this zamboni.  I took the picture in memory of Mike.
 The London Eye was awesome to ride on.  It's amazing how much you could see.
Me inside the London Eye capsule.
 Big Ben
 Of course we had to eat some fish and chips while we were there.
 We were waiting for the double decker bus with the open top to pick us up.  We rode on it almost the entire day.
 Harrods - the largest, most famous store.  

 I love the different words they use.... Rubbish instead of trash
 This was our meal on Thanksgiving day.
Kathy got sick half way through our trip so we visited the pharmacy often to get medicine and lots of cough drops.
 On our last day in London we enjoyed High Tea with yummy little finger sandwiches, scones, cheesecake and a big pot of Earl Grey tea.


Tomorrow I will post pictures from our day in Paris.

2 comments:

riTa Koch said...

Loved your photo review.
What a wonderful trip!

Lhoyt said...

I can almost hear Liza, the flower salesgirl in "My Fair Lady" announcing her wares in her 'cockney' accent!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...