Monday, December 26, 2011

A Woman After God's Own Heart ~ Chapter 1

A Heart Devoted to God

"I want my life-indeed each and every day of it, each and every minute of it-to count."

"I had been thinking earthly thoughts--human thoughts, physical thoughts, worldly thoughts--rather than thoughts of faith.  My perspective was off!  We as Christians are to walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7)"

"She has chosen with her whole heart to seek to live her life for God.  She loved God, worshiped God, walked with God, served God, and looked forward to being with Him in eternity."

"knew true inner peace and joy as she nurtured a heart of devotion to God."

"God knows the desires of my heart--indeed, He has put them there (Psalm 37:4)!  He knows the amount of daydreaming-and praying--I do about becoming the kind of woman He wants me to be."

"But God's peace became mine as I was reminded one more time that when, day by day, I choose the one thing necessary--which shall never be taken away from me-my life too makes a difference.  God wants my heart--all of it--and my devotion.  When I choose to give it to Him, when I choose to live totally for Him, He makes it count.  He wants to be Number One in my life, the priority above all priorities!"

"how important it is to choose to love God and follow after Him...with a whole heart...each day...as long as we live.  Every day counts when we are devoted to God!"

"Mary, a woman after God's own heart, made the choice that indicated her heart's devotion: She knew it was important to cease her busyness, stop all activity, and set aside secondary things in order to focus wholly on the Lord.  Unlike her sister, who was so busy doing things for the Lord that she failed to spend time with Him, Mary put worship at the top of her to-do list."

1) Choose God's ways at every opportunity

Proverbs 3:6 ~ In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

"Choosing God and His ways deepens our devotion to Him."

Proverbs 31:30 ~ Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

2) Commit yourself to God daily

"Our devotion to God is strengthened when we offer Him a fresh commitment each day."

F.B. Meyer's seven rules for living:"Make a daily, definite, audible consecration of yourself to God.  Say it out loud: 'Lord, today I give myself anew to you'"

Betty Scott Stamp, a China Inland Mission worker - her daily prayer:
Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life.  I give myself, my time, my all, utterly to Thee to be Thine forever.  Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit.  Use me as Thou wilt, send me where Thou wilt, work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever.
3)  Cultivate a hot heart

Revelation 3:15-16 ~ I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.

"Our heart for God should be like a boiling pot.  Our heart should be characterized by God-given and intense passion for our Lord.  After all, when a teakettle is boiling on your stove, you know it.  It sputters and steams.  It actually hops up and down and jiggles from side to side, empowered by its violent heat.  Hot to the touch, it shares the heat that is within.  There is no way to ignore its fire.  Likewise, we should be fiery and excited about God, and God will fuel our fire."

Luke 1:49 ~ For the Mighty One has done great things for me; And holy is His name.

Psalm 96:3 ~ Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among the peoples.

Psalm 107:2 ~ Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy

-----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Heavenly Father,
I want to have a heart on fire for you.  May I never be content with being lukewarm.  Lord, today I give myself a new to you.  My desire is that each and every day of my life count for you dear Lord.  Use me, mold me, guide me, teach me.
In Jesus name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...