Sunday, June 27, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 26

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Monday
My big project for this week was to get the front porch stained. I knew this project would be a HUGE one but it was so much bigger than I ever imagined. This is the before picture...the after picture comes later in the week.
Tuesday
Monday while I was staining the railing by the front of the house, I hurt my right leg. I asked for your prayers and God answered your prayers! Praise the Lord for a Mighty God!
Wednesday
I put one coat of paint on the deck with a roller which made things much quicker. I was done by lunch time which gave me enough time to try a new recipe. One of Mike's favorite sandwiches is the Monte Cristo. Of course who wouldn't like a deep fried sandwich, right?! I found a recipe in my All You magazine for a remake of the Monte Cristo sandwich. It was made with puff pastry. I think it turned out great and I will be sharing the recipe later this week. BTW - do you see what else is on Mike's plate? Cucumber salad. I think we ate cucumbers every day this week and I know I have a few more ready to pick.
Thursday
The front porch is finally done. It took me 4 days and now it's all done... well, maybe not... I will say that it's done for now. There are some areas that are darker and some lighter so we need to decide if I am going to put another layer of stain on the entire deck or leave it as is. This picture just shows the sun shinning through the trees but in real life it is somewhat noticeable.
Friday
After 4 days of working on the deck I needed a break. Mike was so sweet to give me the day off and take me out to dinner. We tried this little Italian restaurant located on the square downtown and it was delicious! We sat by the window and watched as people walked by. I love living in a small town. The Italian restaurant was called Piazza and I tried their Gnocchi dish and all I can say is yummy!
Saturday
This was a great week for my Zizziecards... I sold a Variety Pack on my Etsy store and I received a check from a sale from the Pepperberry Flower Shop. Praise the Lord for these sales and I look forward to how He will work in the weeks to come.
Sunday
How was your week? I am heading over to Sara's blog to read about it!

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Cucumbers are the ONLY food that gives me heart burn... but that looks so yummy!

And that italian dish... I could eat Italian everyday for the rest of my life & be happy...

Your porch looks fantastic! Love a "new feel' in the home!

sara said...

your deck looks great!! wanna come do mine? :)

that monte cristo looks amazing! I can't wait to see the recipe.

I wish I had some of your fresh cucumbers!!!

yea for sales!

Wow! that chick has really grown!!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Both of those plates of food look oh so very yummy! And I think the deck looks great! Wonderful job you did...and sorry to hear about you hurting and so glad that you are feeling better.

riTa Koch said...

Good job on the deck!
Your deck and surroundings look sooooo much like ours here in the woods.
MonteCristos are a favorite for some at Chef-son's Monday meals, and ñoquis, well that brings back delicious memories!

Tori said...

You did a great job on the deck!! How are all of the cucumber recipes? Your monte cristo looks delicious and so did the gnocchi!
Hooray for your sales!! That little chic looks much better this week!!
Have a super week!

H-Mama said...

Love the deck!! Your lil' chic looks adorable... much better.

And now with the foods pix... I am officially hungry. ;)

EstarellasFamily said...

Little Benedict looks some handsome.
Can't wait to see you guys.
I told Megan about your cucumbers...she's so excited.

The Davidson Den said...

I can't believe you did all that deck yourself!! That's hard work! Makes me break a sweat just thinking about it...

Yummmmm...Italian!!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...