Friday, June 4, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 21

Week 21 was cruise week for us and what a glorious week it was. Mike and I flew in to L.A. late Friday night. Saturday we spent the day driving all around Los Angeles. It was such a beautiful day! We ate at The Empanada Factory for lunch.
Kathy picked up a magazine to look for a local Spanish grocery store to go to and she saw this advertisement for a soccer game that Paul's favorite team was going to play in. They were able to buy tickets and attend the game when we got back from the cruise. His team didn't win but I am sure they had fun watching it!
These fries were delicious... they were topped with garlic and parsley. Yummy!

Dessert was also delicious! Crepes filled with dulce de leche. My mouth is watering right now as I type this. That night we decided to head to Walmart to buy some bottled water and a few other things. Sorry this is such a bad picture but I had to share it because it is a very unique Walmart. This is a triple decker Walmart. Can you believe it? Two story Walmart's are rare enough. I never even heard of a three story one. It wasn't the cleanest or best stocked Walmart but it was very unique!
Everything worked out perfectly on Sunday. When we arrived at the parking garage the porter grabbed our luggage, tagged it and took it away. We arrived just in time to use the early check in area. Then we walked to our waiting station, took a few pictures of us waiting and then it was time to go through security to get on the ship. Everything went very smoothly and I am very thankful for that! This was my favorite dinner on the ship - flat iron steak, macaroni and cheese, and creamed peas....yummy! Our first full day at sea the sun wasn't out so the weather was cool and windy. I think everyone had the same idea... play put put golf... it was a close game
Mike and I got all dressed up and had fun getting our picture taken
The wait staff was dancing and our waiter Amin was inviting me to get up and dance...but NO WAY was I getting up to dance in front of everyone!
Our first stop was Puerto Vallarta. We got off the ship, took a taxi to get to the main shopping area. We went walking toward a museum and came across these amazing sand sculptures.
One of the museums we went to was a Naval museum (the white building in this picture)
Our second stop was Mazatlan. A local mariachi band came on board to entertain the guests.
Cabo San Lucas was our last stop and in my opinion the BEST stop of all.
Mike went on an excursion... got an ATV and went all over Cabo... he had a blast - can you see how dirty he got? Isn't this elephant adorable?
All I can say about this picture is - Paul LOVES ice cream!
We had a great time on the cruise... spending time together, playing games, and relaxing!
Thanks Mike for working so hard to pay for the cruise! Thanks Paul and Kathy for allowing us to go with you guys!

5 comments:

crzy4myfam said...

Elizabeth I love your picture journal! It is fun seeing all your adventures! Love you guys!

Rebecca

PS: I'm trying to blog every day....trying is the word to focus on there! LOL!

EstarellasFamily said...

Looks like so much fun! I have 112 days left to we leave for our cruise.....not that I'm counting. lol

Btw....I agree with the non-dancing part 100%, I'm more the sit back and watch type myself!

Lhoyt said...

Great reminders of good times!
Thank you, Lizzie, for the pix.

Next time around I will have a much better camera, and I may even learn to discipline myself to take pictures.

Wish we could have gone with you.

Dad

Lori said...

Whooops... I posted in week 22 and 23 asking how the cruise was. Now I see you had a great time. The sand sculptures were incredible. After I got back from mine I wondered where the cabin steward was and why my room wasn't clean. :-)

Darla said...

i love that someone else was seeing the Hollywood sign with me this week!! i just loved L.A.,,,great food everywhere!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...