Monday, June 7, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 22 & 23

Week 22 I spent readjusting to the time zone, unpacking, cleaning house and packing for my next trip. I was too busy to really get many pictures taken. Sorry!

This is my garden and how it looked when I came home from our cruise. My cucumbers are taking over the garden. Everything looked so green and wonderful!
Week 23 was a full week for me. Mom and Michael picked me up in Augusta on Saturday where we all enjoyed lunch at Red Robin. Yummy!

Sunday May 30th
We went out to a Japanese restaurant as a family and enjoyed a fabulous meal at a wonderful price.
Rachel spent the night so we spent some time in the kitchen baking cookies and brownies. She is a really good helper!
Grandma's tomato plant had a tomato ready to pick. Nothings better than a home grown tomato!Thursday we took Michael to the hospital to have an upper GI. He has been having problems with his stomach and the doctor wanted to make sure he didn't have an ulcer. The results came back all clear.Friday we took advantage of free donut day at Dunkin Donuts. We don't have a DD anywhere close to our house in GA so this was a special treat for me.
We found this wonderful store that recently opened and is FULL of great deals. I am not sure how it all works out but they get items from Walmart and Costco and they sell it discounted. I think they receive the boxes that are damaged and so on. They get new deliveries each each so I hope to head back one more time before I head back home.This little ice cream place is a favorite around here. They have the creamiest ice cream ever.
Now that I am finally up to date with my pictures for Project 365, I am heading on over to Sara's blog to read how everyone else's week went.

6 comments:

Lori said...

SO...How was the cruise??? I hope you had an absolutely wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about it.

Tori said...

Looks like you jumped right back into things! That discount store sounds very interesting. Hope you find great deals there!
How was the trip?
Glad all was clear with Michael!
Have a super week and welcome back!!

McCrakensx4 said...

My boys love helping in the kitchen! And we love the fun mom & pop ice cream stands too...they always have the BEST ice cream! Hope you have a great week!

Mike and Elizabeth Williams said...

Lori: our cruise pictures are posted in Project 365 Week 21.

Elizabeth: tell Rachel she's supposed to eat the food on the chop sticks -- NOT the chop sticks

I Love You!

EstarellasFamily said...

You know I really enjoyed how you spent your Friday! lol

The Davidson Den said...

YUMMM!!! Homegrown summer stuff is so delish! Cucumbers (and tomatoes) are a couple of my faves! (With plenty of salt.) Glad the GI test came back normal. Now for a donut! Right? ;)
Mmmm...Japanese...Your post this week has left me hungry...!!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...