Tuesday, August 24, 2010

At Home With The Lord

Early Monday morning my Pastor and his wife came to pick me and Mom up to take us to the Georgia National Cemetery. The sky was clear blue and the air was cool which was a drastic change from the rainy week we had just had. God blessed us with a gorgeous day!
This cemetery is for those men and women who have served their country. It is over 770 acres which is full of trees and is all well maintained...Surrounded by mountains and often visited by deer and wild turkeys. Pastor spoke for a few minutes and then Ty placed the urn inside (Section 7 Grave C-10) Anyone wanting to visit can stop any time during the day.
In a few days the Marble plaque will be engraved with
WILLIAMS
MICHAEL P
CPL USMC
PG
1966 2010
AT HOME WITH THE LORD

10 comments:

Mari said...

I'm so glad God blessed you with a beautiful day, and I'm even happier for the knowledge of Michael being with the Lord.
Praying for you in the days ahead.

The Bug said...

I'm glad you had a beautiful day. I've been praying for you & your family.

sara said...

So glad you had such a beautiful day! The day we buried my sweet Aunt, it had been pouring rain..but as we got to the cemetery the clouds moved out and the sun came out...so special.

I am praying for you Elizabeth.

Rose said...

michael is physically gone but he's in your heart and mind. will pray for you and family. rose

riTa Koch said...

Lovely memorial.

Rosalyn said...

If this is a beautiful as you and Pastor have told me Mike would have loved it. So glad we know he is with the Lord. It makes this whole thing so much easier. Thanks for the pictures.We love you!

Lhoyt said...

Glad for the beautiful resting place for Mike's ashes. But more for the resting place where he has gone.
"A body is not who you are...You have a body, but you are a soul." (from Ravi Zacarias 'Let my people think' program) It is such a comforting truth to know that the real Mike just passed through the valley of the shadow of death but was immediately present with the Lord.

Karen said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers...

Oldfangled said...

I've been thinking of you often, Lizzie.

Robin Lambright said...

I have to share with you that in December of this past year my FIL passed away. He had been in very poor health for some time and his body finally just gave in. He had a full military service at this cemetery. It was such a moving and powerful thing to be a part of. The color guard, the 21 gun salute, the flag folding ceremony, it was so very moving. All the officers and the Chaplin all did a wonderful job. It was a true example of honoring those who served our country.

My prayers are with you and your family!

Blessings
Robin

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...