Sunday, August 1, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 27 thru 31

What a whirlwind... I feel overwhelmed... I have so much I want to share but I just don't know where to start... I am just going to post the highlights of the last few weeks because if I posted about EVERYTHING I've done you would be here for hours. So here goes:

This past weekend Mike's Dad (David) came to visit. It was a short visit but it was nice to meet Christine (his wife) and catch up alittle.Before his visit, we had Mike's Mom (Kathleen), Sister (Maureen), Nephew (Roger) and Niece (Megan) come for almost a week long visit. We kept the kids busy and had made lots of fun memories!We were told about this cool place called INK, an interactive neighborhood for kids. They had a blast playing in each section.Although it was hot, they still enjoyed playing outside. Side note: This picture was taken my Maureen and I love it because it's a great action shot. Megan was in the middle of falling and if Maureen would have snapped one more picture right after this one, you would see Roger falling over Megan. Special note: no children were hurt in the taking of this picture! One morning we visited Cagle's Family Farm. The kids enjoyed feeding the goats, calfs, ducks, chicken and sheep. After having fun with the animals we enjoyed a picnic lunch under a big shady tree.Monkey Joe's was a fabulous place to go. The kids got to run, bounce, climb, slide and use up all their energy while we all enjoyed the air conditioning. They played so hard that after 5 minutes of being in the car they were both out for a nap while we drove to Discover Mills Mall.We were all hungry, so the first place we stopped at was the food court. Mike and I ate Chinese and he thought his fortune was appropriate because he just recently started growing a goatee. If you can't read the fortune, it says "Be Adventurous, Try A New Look" We walked the mall and of course spent lots of time in Bass Pro Shops (Mike's favorite store). Roger was playing the shooting arcade game and Mike was trying to teach him how to correctly hold a rifle. I got a box in the mail and it was filled with all these goodies. My dear friend Bea is always so thoughtful. Thanks so much Bea!
Kathy, Ana and I had a great time on the cruise. This is a picture of Ana looking at La Bufadora (blow hole) in Ensenada Mexico. Before I went away on my trip to Las Vegas to visit Kathy and go on my birthday cruise Mike gave me my birthday gift.... all the episodes of Sue Thomas... are you familiar with this show? It was on several years ago on the PAX channel. It only lasted a few years and then they took it off the air. I don't think PAX channel even exists any more so maybe that is why this show went off the air. Anyway - I am really enjoying these DVDs.
So that about sums up everything that has been going on in my life for the last several weeks. Thanks Sara for hosting Project 365.

11 comments:

sara said...

sounds busy but fun!!

are we going to see more pictures of the cruise and Las Vegas?

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I can work on a post... I have tons of pictures from the last few weeks, I have just been overwhelmed with what to post... but I will work on it this week!

Robin Lambright said...

It's east to get overwhelmed with all the summer happenings.

You're in my neck of the woods, I'm a GA girl too!

Thanks for sharing!
R

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the package you got in the mail. Great book.
Glad that none of the kids were hurt. Monkey joes looks like a blast.

riTa Koch said...

Just heard about that show recently, I'd love to watch it.
Bass Pro stores are amazing!
I know the 'overwhelming' feeling, it can paralyze you. Don't let it. Main thing is to jump in, start! Then take it bit by bit (or Bird by Bird as Lamott says)

RaD said...

Hope those are the real DVD's, my friend bought some on the internet and found out after getting them that they were bootleg copies. She was so disappointed because they did not play well at all.

Looks like you've been super busy! I'll bet the kids loved visiting you!

McCrakensx4 said...

wow...busy but fun week. That bounce place looks like someplace my boys would love to visit. And I really like that fun play area...creative play is the best!

Rebecca Jo said...

I had to giggle at the disclaimer of "no kids were hurt" :)

What fun goodies to get in the mail! I've got that book but havent read it yet - heard its great!

Love the little dentist!!!! How fun for them to play & learn

EstarellasFamily said...

Thanks for showing us such an amazing time. The kids look forward to seeing you guys so much. Just wish we lived closer so we can do more visits. Love that pic in the driveway too, my clumsy children....amazingly only one broken bone so far and no stitches! (Megan's collar bone at 18 months when she fell off the chair)
And Uncle Michael is such a good sport for playing patient at Megan's Dental office.....lol

Tori said...

You may have been busy, but it looks like you were having a ball!
Love the action shot of the kids and glad no one was hurt.
That fortune is funny given the circumstances.
What a great package to receive! Super book too!
I have never heard of the show. May have to check into it.
Have a super week!!

The Davidson Den said...

Wow! You've just been all over the place!! A farm, a jumpy-place, Bass Pro (it's a pretty neat place, even I have to admit that), a cruise (!!!), and INK?! Amazing fun! By the way, those interactive children's spots are so great. We've been to similar places and just LOVE them every time. Sooo cool. I wish they had thought of that sort of thing when I was a kid!! :(
Great week!!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...