Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thief In The Night

My sister recently posted about the Thief In The Night movie that my parents use to show as an evangelism tool many years ago. The movie brings back lots of special memories for me because it was after watching that movie that I accepted the Lord as my personal Lord and Savior. More on that in a future post but I wanted to share the theme song as my TSMSS submission.

Are you ready for Christ's return? If not, don't wait another day for we do not know when He is returning.

1 Thessalonians 5: 1-3
Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Wow...I haven't heard that song in years...still grips my heart...

Mari said...

I just read about your husband on Kim's blog. I'm so sorry and will be praying.

sara said...

Elizabeth,

I just heard from Rita about your loss. I want you to know that I am praying for you.

Sara

Rebecca Jo said...

I just heard the shocking news...

I wanted to let you know you are being lifted up in prayers... Sorry doesnt seem big enough...

May you feel God's presence more then ever right now...

Beth Herring said...

praying for you my friend. just heard about your husband and i am praying and lifting you up.

rest in the arms of Jesus tonight. sleep in His peace.

Beth Herring

Beth Herring said...

praying for you my friend. just heard about your husband and i am praying and lifting you up.

rest in the arms of Jesus tonight. sleep in His peace.

Beth Herring

Heidi said...

Am praying for you today, dear sister in the faith.

Jesus our Comforter, our Rescuer, our Help in times of trouble- be with you today in a very tangible way.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Peace and Rest, as you wait on and trust in the Lord our God-
Heidi

Penny said...

I heard about your loss from Sara, and I can't imagine the pain that you're going through. But, as I can tell from the comments above, you are being interceded for, and I pray that God wraps His loving arms around you.

Michelle said...

WOW!! This is a great song.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...