Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oatmeal Pancakes

My Dad told me about these delicious pancakes my Mom made and he suggested I get the recipe. So this week I called her, got the recipe and since I had all the ingredients on hand I made them for breakfast. They are delicious. They have a different texture than other pancakes and they are really healthy for you because they are made with oatmeal and wheat flour. Now let me share this recipe with you.

Oatmeal Pancakes
2 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup wheat flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup melted butter

Mix oatmeal and buttermilk and let it soak overnight in the fridge. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix really well.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...