- A wise woman sets a joyful mood in her home. Through laughter, music, and happy times, she creates a positive attitude in her children. She knows that a lighthearted home relieves her husband of stress.
- Proverbs 15:15 ~ All the days of the afflicted are evil; but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
- Discontentment is not a product of circumstances, it is the state of the soul.
- Philippians 4:11 ~ For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content
- Hebrews 13:5 ~ and be content with such things as ye have
- I Timothy 6:6-8 ~ Bit godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and reiment let us be therewith content.
- Thankful people have a view of life that begins somewhere seep in their souls, and outside circumstances just can't mar their joy. To them, life is a wonderful, continuous dream come true.
- Joy begins with thankfulness
- By making a conscience choice, we can tip our souls into dark moods of complaining, or into thankfulness and praise. It is amazing how much your mouth controls your soul.
- Thankfulness is how you think; joy is the abundance it produces.
Practice Makes Perfect
- Practice having a merry and thankful heart.
- Most people have practiced hitting the notes of bitterness, sourness, hurt feelings, and frustration so long that their soul finds the discordant notes easily, almost without thought.
- But you don't have to keep on practicing discord; you can practice joy and thanksgiving just as easily and certainly with more pleasure.
- Every day, every right response makes the finders of your soul find the notes of joy and thanksgiving easier and easier
- Practice makes perfect. Learn to enjoy life. Be thankful. Smile. When you catch yourself becoming irritated or disturbed at circumstance, stop and laugh at the little things that steal your peace.
- Count your blessings and learn to be appreciative.
- Thanksgiving is good; thanks living is better.
- Colossians 3:15 ~ And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Time to Consider
- Galatians 5:22-23 ~ Bit the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such things there is no law.
- Joy is a fruit of the Spirit. If you are a child of God, joy will be a visible reality in your life.
- Philippians 3:13 ~ Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things wish are behind, and reaching forth until those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.