A Heart That Makes a House a HomeProverbs 14:1 ~ The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
- Creating the atmosphere
- I want the atmosphere inside our house to be warm, cheerful, loving, positive, and constructive.
- God gives us the heart, the wisdom, and the words to create a healthy atmosphere.
- Building a refuge
- build the kind of home which strengthens and renews each family member
- Avoiding the negatives
- anger out of control speaks words that break, destroy, ruin and kill.
- simply failing to work
- never getting around to "it"
- We can slowly erode the foundation of our home by our laziness
- Making a house a home is indeed a matter of the heart.
- Understand that wisdom builds
- We are either about the business of building the home, its atmosphere and its order, or we are pulling it down through destructive attitudes and neglect.
- Decide to begin building
- It's never too late to begin to build your house, to create an enchanted oasis called "home"
- Begin by making a positive decision (or by recommitting yourself) to do your work in the home "willingly" (Proverbs 31:13) and "heartily" (Colossians 3:23).
- The attitude of your heart is key.
- Each day, do one thing to build your home
- make a l its of the things that need to be added, repaired, set up, etc., so that your area is more of a refuge. Then do just one item on your list each day-- or even one each week.
- You may also want to deal with one attitude that--if improved, if transformed by God--would enhance the atmosphere of the home.
God--who made us and knows us best--wants us to make a house a home, and He will help us do that.