Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goals for 2012

Looking back at 2011 I am ashamed to say that I didn't follow through and stay consistent with the goals I set at the beginning of the year.  To be honest,  I totally forgot about them.  I didn't set up reminders to blog progress updates and life took over and I just got so busy I forgot all about it.  Now I wasn't a complete failure, I did mail out letters and I did get some decluttering/organizing done.  However, I didn't track it and I wasn't as committed as I should have been.
So now before me is a new year and I am sitting here deciding if I should set some goals or not.  Why set goals if I am not going to accomplish them.  At the beginning I stay on track with them because it's new and exciting but then it fades and I feel like a failure as I have to admit that I didn't complete my goals.
Mike was always so good at setting a goal and keeping it no matter what.  When he made the decision to do something he always accomplished it.  I don't know if that was because of his military background or what but I've never known anyone as committed to his goals as he was.
To not be a disappointment again this year, I feel like not setting any goals for myself but then in the back of my mind I think of the saying "Aim at nothing and you'll hit it every time."  I don't want to waste a year aimlessly living my life so I think I've decided to set some goals for myself.
I've created a spreadsheet, nothing to detailed or complicated, that will allow me to fill it out each day and then at the end of each week I am going to email my spreadsheet to a few ladies who I have asked to hold me accountable.
Here is a picture of the basic spreadsheet I created
I ask that you pray for me as I diligently work to accomplish this goal.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...